Please bring back storms.  Maybe give us the option to turn them on or off or even select the number of them that can occur but the game has no real threat without them. LIterally it gets borning day after day when there is nothing to quickly dash into a cave to avoid.  

I hope they come back...they really did make the game a little more thrilling.

Oh okay.  Still hope they give us the option to control say minimum number vs. maximum number.  I like a challenge and if I could get killed by one UPS box that would really add to the excitement. 

I heard that there’s a planet that has no wind or sunlight so if you want a challenge they still got plenty in supply

That's sad. Now it's basically just a building game with very little danger. Storms were always that wild card that kept you on your feet when out and about.

24 minutes ago, johnd212 said:

That's sad. Now it's basically just a building game with very little danger. Storms were always that wild card that kept you on your feet when out and about.

Yeah totally agree with this.  The frequency could have been brought down just a little, but to remove them all together is bad, it was part of the 'core' part of the survival mode of the game. :(

Sadly the people that make the most noise are usually the ones complaining. The rest of us were off enjoying what the game offered. Hopefully they'll figure out a way to bring them back or figure out some way to introduce some danger into the worlds.  Just mining and gathering, while fun, gets boring when there's nothing dangerous to plan for.

I posted my opinion on a Steam thread but I was not intending to catch every thread, on this forum too.

Even less willing to go to Discord and hunt discussions there.

An opinion poll would have been more appropriate.

They could have left it in game, configurable in the option menu.

Maybe they had no time to complete the refactoring ...

https://trello.com/c/Uop4XikG/358-wind-and-dust-storms-refactor

... and now they say "everybody hated them"?

The probability to come back later depends how many people will ask for them.

I wish to know the probability of aggressive fauna now.

https://trello.com/c/6KeNWC04/336-aggressive-fauna-ai-driven-creatures

The game has lost the little survival part it had. :(

9 hours ago, johnd212 said:

How are storms dangerous and not just PITA? 
How are they a wild card?
I can't tell you the last time I died from a storm. It just never ever happens. It is just a reason to dig a hole and wait. I don't' want to wait, I'm playing a game. I'll wait for a bus not for a game.

Storms came every couple of minutes which was very annoying. The challenge of digging a hole and waiting 2-3 minutes is not a challenge but rather quite annoying and tedious. They add nothing to the game whatsoever other than a delay or like I did, pause, save, quit, restart to avoid the annoying time waiting doing nothing.

Not to mention, storms in caves? 

I would however as I have always said from day one, wish it was a player option. 

8 hours ago, johnd212 said:

gets boring when there's nothing dangerous to plan for.

I've not seen one thing posted by SES that claims the game is to be dangerous in any way. If you want danger I think you're looking for a different game. Danger is NOT Astroneer's middle name!

I’m sad they removed storms as while they were annoying they were still a cool aspect. I hope they add them back but maybe at a lower rate this time at least on Terran 

I agree. Or even have different types of storms. The storms just made the planet seem more interesting. There was nothing like being deep in a cave two levels down and hear that howl of a storm on the surface. Can it be that hard to create a storm system where the player has a slider that determines the number of storms say per hour? I'd like to see something back in the game that caused me to have to stay aware. Something that meant I didn't just go AFK for an hour and expect nothing to change. Even consider introducing organisms or plants that roam and attack.

Just tired of whining people typically always getting their way.

I miss the storms. just reducing the frequency a little on some planets was all that was needed.

Added flavor. Variation. Atmosphere. I usually went underground when i saw a storm coming. Down a cave and explore and gather resources. Hearing the stormy wine from the ongoings topside was aswesome. And yes, something dangerous to plan for. i mean, now why would i even bother building an underground base?

Certain planets should absolutely be stormy almost all of the time. IF I now go to one of the high wind planets and find there are no storms there, either, i will be severely disappointed.

Edited by Hermann

13 hours ago, johnd212 said:

I disagree. There's plenty of danger, much more than the early access game with storms. Basically everything now wants to kill you, including the terrain itself: cracks and crevices on the surface that perfectly blend with its surroundings, making them near impossible to spot until you're already falling; caves are now massive death traps with holes and exploding flora, etc.

Storms were annoying, not dangerous. Good riddance, I say. Until SES can implement a proper weather system with rain, snow, etc., hope they stay out of the game...

2 hours ago, johnd212 said:

Just tired of whining people typically always getting their way.

If you mean the "vast majority" when you say 'whining people' you are correct. If however you think a storm lover like yourself is in the majority you are sadly mistaken. 

I personally found them more of an annoyance than a challenge.  If they do prioritize a weather system, I would like to see it as a customizable feature that allows each planet to have a storm level from say zero to ten, where zero is no storms and ten is constant storms.

8 hours ago, vvhorus said:

I disagree. There's plenty of danger, much more than the early access game with storms. Basically everything now wants to kill you, including the terrain itself: cracks and crevices on the surface that perfectly blend with its surroundings, making them near impossible to spot until you're already falling; caves are now massive death traps with holes and exploding flora, etc.

Indeed! On a new game, with no work light, exploring caves is not "will I die?" but "when will I die?".

Then even more reasons to give US the choice. Just because some dislike it is no reason to take it from all of us. Some of us enjoyed the storms and actually would like to see more variety of storms. Hell I find Night time more annoying then I ever found storms.  Taking away something and explaining it by saying "No one liked  them" is wrong.

Was wondering where they went?  I hope they come back. Another idea that would be cool, Asteroid strike or super planet wide storm. Its a time event, you have 10 days to build a ship and get off planet before it hits. 

13 hours ago, johnd212 said:

Then even more reasons to give US the choice. Just because some dislike it is no reason to take it from all of us. Some of us enjoyed the storms and actually would like to see more variety of storms. Hell I find Night time more annoying then I ever found storms.  Taking away something and explaining it by saying "No one liked  them" is wrong.

At least in the forums, the contempt for storms was very real. Take a look in these pages and you will see plenty of threads dedicated to them.

For storms to come back, they have to make sense, and they have to come attached to player options to disable or increase them. They need to be part of a larger weather system involving rain, snow, wind, etc. An annoying 2-minute break every 10-15 minutes while on the surface did not make sense. Right now SES needs to focus their attention on bugs, dedicated servers, and stability/performance issues across the board in both solo and multiplayer, not storms.

11 hours ago, Middelaged75 said:

Was wondering where they went?  I hope they come back. Another idea that would be cool, Asteroid strike or super planet wide storm. Its a time event, you have 10 days to build a ship and get off planet before it hits. 

Very cool idea indeed, but I don't think destroying planets will ever be a thing in this game, at least in version 1. End-game content depends on all planets being there...

13 hours ago, Middelaged75 said:

Storms are on the trello for post 1.0 launch so i imagine they aren’t to far off (Weather systems to be more exact)

500 posts Woot

Edited by Rebelord

This would be great.  I envision like Sim City  is or was where you could decide if you wanted storms or not. Some people loved the risk it imposed while others turned it off and enjoyed the game. Glad to hear they understand that. Still love the game but just wanted a little more "excitement". 

I dont believe there’s going to be a option to turn them off as of now and before storms never damaged equipment and could easily be avoided in your HAB