Martin

Is this a joke?

9 hours ago, Cue 7 said:

It is on sale

Right now it is but was it on Feb 6? Also, the sale ends in 33 hours so after that it's full price again.

On 2/7/2019 at 12:27 AM, Martin said:

Talk about a mess..

First time upto the purple thing.. Crash to desktop..lost like 3-4 hours of play due to not saving.

Get to purple thing dig out 3 sockets, connect something to socket, platform rises.. figure maybe i need to stand on platform..

Oh no.. don't do that.

Stands on platform, connects to socket, boom, inside the platform, stuck.  Can't escape, on oxygen because of tether, can't die.

Completely screwed.

Can't quit game without saving.. Like seriously?

Had to Alt Tab, and exit manually, to stop save being overwritten.

You guys have had plenty of time.. and you gave games away to morons on youtube and they didn't spot this shit.. and now you have a buggy mess to deal with.

Seriously.. add a quit "without" saving option..

In fact if you're gonna keep adding bugs like this that ruin longterm not saving gameplay.. add an autosave.

I agree with what the original post, the game is a buggy mess which is worse than the early access. For the first time since I bought this game in January of 2017, I will be uninstalling it with no plans to reinstall for more than two months until they get their shit under wraps. Was pissed about youtubers getting 1.0 before me but thought at least I'd get to play a game which was mostly bug free and the time I put into the game would yield something. Since 1.0, trying to make a tunnel into the core into the starting planet has become an impossible task due to the vehicle bugs and the clipping through terrain and dying. Good luck on whoever wants to play the game in this state but I won't be convinced to touch this game for 2 months.

a22d083c9f8ce79097f9e83db4f32a94.png

Edited by !~~AJ~~!
Purchase date info.

On 2/8/2019 at 8:48 AM, KEVIN H said:

Hell the game freezes in the Loading Solar System animation.  Id call that a problem

yup, can't load saves, get stuck in the loading solar system screen and have to hard shut down, hopefully the update on 2/22/19 will help, waiting patiently. tired of starting new games playing and saving regularly for hours of game play only to suffer loading solar system screen of death because the save file is so corrupted.

On 2/6/2019 at 8:15 PM, Rebelord said:

Okay listen here dude. I get your pissed about a bug but thats no reason to insult the devs shit like this happens okay, and considering the fact that they just added this as a fun 1.0 surprise with out any previous testing meaning there is going to be bugs, deal with it. And auto save can be a bit of a issue but you can just sit in a chair or anything like that to save. The reason behind no quit without saving is so if some one screws up they have to deal with it.  

AND FINALLY THERE ARE BUGS IN ALL GAMES SO YOU NEED TO PUT ON YOUR BIG BOY PANTS AND DEAL WITH IT ALSO IF YOUR SO AGAINST BUGS

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BUY PRE-ALPHA

Tu tu tu. Non non non, ça ne va pas être possible, Martin a raison ! Ils commençaient à prendre du retard par rapport à leur plan de mise à jour dès la seconde partie du premier trimestre 2018. Ensuite les salles de passerelle on été dévoilé à l'E3 2018 en nous informant que le jeu sortirais pour les 2 ans de la pré-alpha. Ils nous disent ensuite qu'ils ont du retard et donc retarde de 1 mois et demi la sortie du jeu en nous assurant de sa bonne finition. Vint ensuite la 1.0 censée être stable à souhait, et au final on se rend compte que c'est tout le contraire et que si eux même avait lancé une partie à 4 sur une Xbox One, il se serait rendus comptede tout ça. Ensuite un autre point, si ils sortent le jeu truffé de bugs c'est de leur faute et les insultespeuvent pleuvoir. En revanche,  si ils nous disent qu'ils vont retarder la sortie du jeu mais continuer les mises à jour en Bêta, là il n'y a aucun problème .

On 2/19/2019 at 11:06 PM, _Harbinjer said:

yup, can't load saves, get stuck in the loading solar system screen and have to hard shut down, hopefully the update on 2/22/19 will help, waiting patiently. tired of starting new games playing and saving regularly for hours of game play only to suffer loading solar system screen of death because the save file is so corrupted.

Before I uninstalled astro, I used to load the game, exit to desktop, then reload the save and it always seemed to work alot better.  Like there's files being kept in memory that allow the game to work properly.  However, I've lately reinstalled my o/s and steam, I won't be rushing anytime soon to reinstall astroneer.

Comrade, since yesterday I can not use mine save. The game hangs and does not work. Have read such problems currently others have synonymous. Is there any solution? Will not start a new game... Please help!

Edited by nikirenkov

On 2/6/2019 at 7:57 PM, Martin said:

Talk about a mess..

First time upto the purple thing.. Crash to desktop..lost like 3-4 hours of play due to not saving.

Get to purple thing dig out 3 sockets, connect something to socket, platform rises.. figure maybe i need to stand on platform..

Oh no.. don't do that.

Stands on platform, connects to socket, boom, inside the platform, stuck.  Can't escape, on oxygen because of tether, can't die.

Completely screwed.

Can't quit game without saving.. Like seriously?

Had to Alt Tab, and exit manually, to stop save being overwritten.

You guys have had plenty of time.. and you gave games away to morons on youtube and they didn't spot this shit.. and now you have a buggy mess to deal with.

Seriously.. add a quit "without" saving option..

In fact if you're gonna keep adding bugs like this that ruin longterm not saving gameplay.. add an autosave.

You know, i had the same idea, and the same issue but, i had friends on the game to disconnect the "big purple thing" and it went ok. And by playing in multiplayer i had a lot of lags and glitches i had not before, do you see me crying on a forum? i lost my diamond drill and many rare ressources because of the effect of the "big purple thing" and the lack of oxygen during the process... yeah sometimes bugs sucks, but it is a game bro deal with it, talk about it and hopefully it will be fixed, no need to get upset.

Posted (edited)
On 3/1/2019 at 12:36 PM, Flakes said:

You know, i had the same idea, and the same issue but, i had friends on the game to disconnect the "big purple thing" and it went ok. And by playing in multiplayer i had a lot of lags and glitches i had not before, do you see me crying on a forum? i lost my diamond drill and many rare ressources because of the effect of the "big purple thing" and the lack of oxygen during the process... yeah sometimes bugs sucks, but it is a game bro deal with it, talk about it and hopefully it will be fixed, no need to get upset.

If I want to get upset about something.. that's my choice mate.  Although really at the time I was just frustrated at the lack of ability to exit the game, because if I'd saved at that time, it would have broken my savegame.  Which I think, people should get upset about.. esp as there's only a single save file.

On 2/27/2019 at 11:40 AM, nikirenkov said:

Comrade, since yesterday I can not use mine save. The game hangs and does not work. Have read such problems currently others have synonymous. Is there any solution? Will not start a new game... Please help!

Start a New Game.. delete old save.

[auto merging posts - excellent]

Edited by Martin

Posted (edited)

You definitely have the right to be upset. If I had any game breaking bugs I would to. And this threads suggestions are legitimate but I don't think the best way to get heard is to yell at each other about how game developers should make their game. I am not arguing about bugs I am saying that just let them do there work

In the meantime watch the development documentary

specifically 15:43

Edited by Cue 7

On 2/18/2019 at 6:24 AM, !~~AJ~~! said:

I agree with what the original post, the game is a buggy mess which is worse than the early access. For the first time since I bought this game in January of 2017, I will be uninstalling it with no plans to reinstall for more than two months until they get their shit under wraps. Was pissed about youtubers getting 1.0 before me but thought at least I'd get to play a game which was mostly bug free and the time I put into the game would yield something. Since 1.0, trying to make a tunnel into the core into the starting planet has become an impossible task due to the vehicle bugs and the clipping through terrain and dying. Good luck on whoever wants to play the game in this state but I won't be convinced to touch this game for 2 months.

a22d083c9f8ce79097f9e83db4f32a94.png

It's too bad its already been three months.

I was one of those guys that didn't buy the game in EA but almost wish I did. I bought it after 1.0.3 thinking, "Cool, so the bugs should be worked....oops....crash." I don't know if SES understands what release version means. And yes most games, especially AAA games with massive budgets usually always have bugs. Usually though, the game doesn't crash after 30 min or less repeatedly until you want to throw your PC out a window out of frustration (anybody remember Super Mario 3 on NES?).

For the record, I absolutely love the concept of the game. The execution on the other hand leaves a ton to be desired. After researching the game, looking at reviews and checking out gameplay videos on YouTube, it totally looked worth the $30 I ended up paying for it. It felt like a bait and switch from the moment I started playing. I mean come on, did these guys (YouTubers) get a bug-free 1.0? No stutter, no crashing, completely smooth at full graphics settings. I didn't get a refund because I figured I would wait for the bugs to get fixed. Now with 1.1.0 out, I'm confused. I don't have any friends who own the game so no multiplayer, but if SES would say something like, "we're going to work on MP performance stability...," that would be cool with me. At least something would get fixed, which means eventually SP would be worked on. Some sort of progress towards a stable game would be awesome. Screw the new large scrapper if I can't do anything for 5-10 mins without ctd in the latest "patch".

I have never payed for a game that is advertised as a full release with this many game breaking bugs. I've posted a bug report but it seems somewhat useless when the devs don't respond. I've heard repeatedly that I should get on discord for a response. Why, may I ask, would I do that when there is a perfectly working forum right here. The only thing missing are the developers. I have no interest in getting a discord or twitter account for just one game with the small chance that a dev sees my bug report. It's very frustrating that the community can leave all sorts of bug/crash reports, start discussions like this one, or come up with suggestions and be ignored. We can't fix the game, so someone needs to.

I know I'm a little late on posting in this thread but I really liked the discussion that was going on and thought I would put my two cents in.

I'm on xBox One and have been having the same but opposite issue with saving on exit. The xBox version on exit says "Save and exit?" however it does NOT actually save, so you must save via vehicle or shelter before exiting...... only did that once....

On 2/6/2019 at 4:31 PM, Martin said:

So you actually think people should save, just incase the game crashes? What is that, some kind of new world order, lets wear a crash helmit in bed incase someone throws a brick through my window attitude?

I should be able to play a released game for 10-12 hours without saving and not expect it to crash.

As it was.. I had 2 crashes in the first 30 seconds of gameplay.  And not saving the game, shows the addictiveness of the gameplay.. so really, it's a good thing.  If you think about it.  Not that I expect you to.

I'd like a quit without saving option.  I can alt f4 and I can alt tab and manually exit, so there is no valid argument for not having it in menu options. 

Those of us on xBox wear our helmets all the time lol, because it crashes soooooo often that we have to remember to save every half hour - hour at least, lol.

The game is sooo addictive for me that this latest patch had me loose 5 hours of game play when it didn't save at all... I got in and out of the tractor at least 25 times during that session (Holding my breath every time praying it didn't crash... it only did 4 out of 25.), and it said it was saving, but when I went to get on to play yesterday it reverted to one of the first saves after putting my tractor down on one of the purple tendrils that take you to the core, almost mid gaming session. My tractor was falling to the core of Desolo, I hadn't turned on the core or made it out the other side.... I was sooo sad but started that portion over. I made it out the other side again, saving all along every time I got in the tractor... again.... Double saved before exiting, but this time using the shuttle.... reloaded right away to see if it actually saved..... cried on reload as I watched my tractor falling back to the center of Desolo........ Lost another 4 hours and the ability to play this world at all......

On 2/7/2019 at 4:26 AM, Bob Strand said:

XBox crashes when you do try to save, so I sympathize with the folks in the thread. We have a game that (after a ‘small’ base is constructed) there is unbearable lag, random crashes, and then when you do try and save every 30 mins or so, you have a 50/50 chance of a crash at save. Unplayable on Xbox right now. 

Every time I save I have to hold my breath lol and pray it doesn't crash.  It usually crashes about 40% of the time for me. My un-saving world makes mine unplayable. I'm a very sad camper to see that I would be having just as many issues even if I did buy another copy for my PC.....

On 2/6/2019 at 3:35 PM, Pile Driver said:

All that l was hoping for was the multiplayer lag to be fixed. But now the game lags in solo play. What a drag ( literally and figuratively)

Hey Pile Driver! Its Almighty Dire. I haven't seen you in a while. Hope you are ok.  :) I am So Sad. I cannot play multiplayer because of the lag....  I have 6 friends who all bought this game to play with me but we still cannot play together. The lag is sooo bad when I'm trying to stream too.... 

P.S.   I can't wait to see your space station in person :) 

I make a prayer before saving. You all say it's a small team, but it's a big joke that you can not make an effective backup system. I wonder if the programmer at Microsoft could not create backups on Windows Word.