Martin

Is this a joke?

Talk about a mess..

First time upto the purple thing.. Crash to desktop..lost like 3-4 hours of play due to not saving.

Get to purple thing dig out 3 sockets, connect something to socket, platform rises.. figure maybe i need to stand on platform..

Oh no.. don't do that.

Stands on platform, connects to socket, boom, inside the platform, stuck.  Can't escape, on oxygen because of tether, can't die.

Completely screwed.

Can't quit game without saving.. Like seriously?

Had to Alt Tab, and exit manually, to stop save being overwritten.

You guys have had plenty of time.. and you gave games away to morons on youtube and they didn't spot this shit.. and now you have a buggy mess to deal with.

Seriously.. add a quit "without" saving option..

In fact if you're gonna keep adding bugs like this that ruin longterm not saving gameplay.. add an autosave.

Okay listen here dude. I get your pissed about a bug but thats no reason to insult the devs shit like this happens okay, and considering the fact that they just added this as a fun 1.0 surprise with out any previous testing meaning there is going to be bugs, deal with it. And auto save can be a bit of a issue but you can just sit in a chair or anything like that to save. The reason behind no quit without saving is so if some one screws up they have to deal with it.  

AND FINALLY THERE ARE BUGS IN ALL GAMES SO YOU NEED TO PUT ON YOUR BIG BOY PANTS AND DEAL WITH IT ALSO IF YOUR SO AGAINST BUGS

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BUY PRE-ALPHA

This is a released game.. not an ea.. so there's the door rebel whatever..

As for dealing withit.. the buggy purple thing.. not the problem.. try comprehending the message..

Not being able to exit without saving.. is a problem, if we encounter bugs in the game.  Now kindly.. off.

Edited by Martin

Just now, Martin said:

This is a released game.. not an ea.. so there's the door rebel whatever..

So a new feature that has never been tested by the community never, and in fact wasnt even now by us until now doesn’t deserve any bugs what so ever, and it just became released you think all the bugs are gone then your skull must be thicker then the door you have directed me to

XXX 

I bought an EA. If this bug was in the EA I would have reported it.

It is now in the officially released version.  Not the Ea.. I'm not here to report bugs in an official version, I don't care if it's not been tested, I don't care that I got stuck inside the purple thing.. what I don't like is being forced to alt tab and manually close the program because no exit without saving function exists in the game.  Alt F4 doesn't always work..

Edited by Wyvyrias
Please do avoid inappropriate comments

Rebel Lord isnt a troll, its the way you worded your original msg. I have never seen any forum for any game where you could post a msg like that and not get your ass handed to you, just do a bullet point of what you think needs added/improved and post it in the suggestions/ideas forums and you will get a much better reception.

But ya, the whole reason you can't quit without saving is so when you fall through a deep hole and you are gonna die then you cant just quit and reload, you gotta try hard to get out or lose your mods and batteries

@MartinI personally have not encountered any bugs or crashes. I've been to Sylva's moon, Desolo and found the Big purple thing, though I have no clue what it is, and have not encountered any sort of crash. Have you tried validating the game files? Sometimes steam messes up game updates and the game files become corrupted.

@Martin is 100% correct

@Rebelord There is a forum boss 

@Tactile Object "the whole reason........." is that really the reason? If so, that sounds a lot like macro micromanaging to me. Not that I have ever done that or ever would, I didn't even know it was a thing until I read you post. It just got me to thinking................ how sad. If this is true, how sad. But 51% of me thinks this can't be just can't be the reason why @Martin is upset.

@Maniacal Michael I'm just not a fan of the new planet names. Any of them. They are too spot on, too obvious, too heard of before. If not exactly pretty darn close. They sound like I have heard them numerous times before or something very similar to each and every one. I'm not feeling the new planet names at all. 

3 hours ago, Rebelord said:

So a new feature that has never been tested by the community never, and in fact wasnt even now by us until now doesn’t deserve any bugs what so ever, and it just became released you think all the bugs are gone then your skull must be thicker then the door you have directed me to

If it hasnt been properly tested then it should not have been added to the retail 1.0 release. 

@The Touch of Grey Gamer i wasnt addressing everything he is upset about, just why you cant quit without save. Maybe creating a penalty for falling down a hole isnt the whole reason you cant do it but it certainly makes a fun mechanic that works with the game play.

System error has such a laggy buggy mess here that it's got us at each others throat. What we really need to do is march up to Seattle and demand our money back !!!

I'm ( A PlLEDRIVER ) on xbox. I think your a riot and l totally agree with you. If your on xbox, please add me. Peace

All that l was hoping for was the multiplayer lag to be fixed. But now the game lags in solo play. What a drag ( literally and figuratively

)

On 2/6/2019 at 8:26 PM, Isotonic said:

"lost like 3-4 hours of play due to not saving."

So you actually think people should save, just incase the game crashes? What is that, some kind of new world order, lets wear a crash helmit in bed incase someone throws a brick through my window attitude?

I should be able to play a released game for 10-12 hours without saving and not expect it to crash.

As it was.. I had 2 crashes in the first 30 seconds of gameplay.  And not saving the game, shows the addictiveness of the gameplay.. so really, it's a good thing.  If you think about it.  Not that I expect you to.

As for the rest of ya who also can't read or think.. get knotted.

I'd like a quit without saving option.  I can alt f4 and I can alt tab and manually exit, so there is no valid argument for not having it in menu options.  Although alt f4 can be abit buggy if you have multi apps running.

On 2/6/2019 at 11:14 PM, Maniacal Michael said:

@MartinI personally have not encountered any bugs or crashes. I've been to Sylva's moon, Desolo and found the Big purple thing, though I have no clue what it is, and have not encountered any sort of crash. Have you tried validating the game files? Sometimes steam messes up game updates and the game files become corrupted.

I uninstalled Ea astro, deleted all the appdata files etc.  Rebooted my pc, fresh installed astro. 

Got a fancy eula popup.. okdayed that. got ingame.. crashed. Boom.. nothing like a ctd to say hello.

Restarted pc, thinking.. just installed the game, maybe some detail not finalised etc.. started game.  Roaming around for maybe 2 hours or so.. saw purple thing.. walked upto it.. Boom.. ctd.  Reloaded game.. ahahha.. yeh.. i'd not saved.. not once.. hey a new start.. this time, I made a rover seat and carried it around with me.. put it on ground to manually save every 15 mins or so.. found the purple thing.. no crash.. in fact other some some minor weird bugs, nothing serious.. then I got stuck inside the platform.. if I had wanted to save the game then.. it would have ruined the savefile.. thus.. I would like to see a non save exit function in menu.. in most cases, after a non crashing session with no obvious bugs I'd save and exit.. but when I encounter a bug or crash or fatal.. yes, I don't thunk it too much to ask for a simple, quit now option.  Seems to make sense to me.. obviously not so much for some others.  Who seem to think making nonsense replies using extra large fonts and swearing at me like a fanbois.. and btw.. I am a fanbois of astroneer, I thunk the game is awesome!! Yeah!! boi.. but I also unfortunately.. have a brain and it works and I think for myself and if I see bugs n flaws I point em out.. I'd think my 1700 odd posts in this forum would show I am a fan of astroneer.. as opposed to someones minor 500 or so.

Not that I'm suggesting grey isn't a fan either.  I know he is.. and he's old n me..

Bullet points.. only bullet points I know of.. come out of the wrong end of a gun.

On 2/6/2019 at 8:34 PM, Tactile Object said:

Rebel Lord isnt a troll, its the way you worded your original msg. I have never seen any forum for any game where you could post a msg like that and not get your ass handed to you, just do a bullet point of what you think needs added/improved and post it in the suggestions/ideas forums and you will get a much better reception.

But ya, the whole reason you can't quit without saving is so when you fall through a deep hole and you are gonna die then you cant just quit and reload, you gotta try hard to get out or lose your mods and batteries

Sorry I missed you..

Not a Troll?

On 2/6/2019 at 8:15 PM, Rebelord said:

WHY THE F&*% DID YOU BUY PRE-ALPHA

If I fell down a deep hole.. I'd just die and respawn.. why would I save and exit? Or not save and exit, then reload an hour earlier and loose all my last hours work?  I only request this to bypass loosing my entire save file due to a bug in the game.   Yes, that last part was screamed.  But I can't be bothered using a bigger font.

Edited by Martin

XBox crashes when you do try to save, so I sympathize with the folks in the thread. We have a game that (after a ‘small’ base is constructed) there is unbearable lag, random crashes, and then when you do try and save every 30 mins or so, you have a 50/50 chance of a crash at save. Unplayable on Xbox right now. 

14 hours ago, Tactile Object said:

@The Touch of Grey Gamer i wasnt addressing everything he is upset about, just why you cant quit without save. Maybe creating a penalty for falling down a hole isnt the whole reason you cant do it but it certainly makes a fun mechanic that works with the game play.

Yeah I hear ya. I just worded it poorly.

I am hoping SES is not putting resources into preventing people from escaping the game to avoid a death. I mean, if I'm SES, once a person purchased the game I would not give a rats behind how they played the game. Die a million times, never die, I would not care. I'm just hoping they (SES) don't care either. 

I'm what Martin on this one, I can't get 10 minutes of play without it crashing and locking up solid. I think the most I've spent was 30 minutes and had to restart because is no autosave that you could set. At least with the tractor, it will save every time you jump in but that's annoying when playing multiplayer especially if you're hosting.

At least with the pre-alpha, I never had it crash once, Okay maybe once or twice and it was buggy as heck sometimes but it still ran pretty good.

I just landed on Calidor and start exploring and out of nowhere, the game has a hiccup and launches me into orbit, eventually falling back to the surface. :(

So now we're getting the best of both versions. It's kind of sad to see the state of his game so unpolished but I have to give them kudos on sticking to their release date.

Hey Op, did you solve this somehow? I'm stuck on the same thing, with my tractor keeping me alive.
https://i.imgur.com/doe0AsH.png

Is there an unstuck or kill command with like tilde console or something? I'll be able to find my tractor back and unplug it.

Managed to suffocate myself after all, by running in a different direction. Still weird, as op said the first intention of me was also to use it as a catapult.

Managed to find it back, guess my drawing wasn't very accurate

20190207151603_1.jpg

I'm fairly new to astroneer like 40 hours in.
I played early acess last week had no issues at all.

Now after 1.0 - i'm getting save issues like mentioned in this thread, system lock ups and allsorts of weirdness.

Adding major feature changes into a full release must be FULLY ready which right now it isn't.

This all should be in Bugs and issues 

I get the game is not exactly bug free but what do you expect when they completely redo Terrain generation and add in several massive objects that have lots of potential for bugs. And putting this is General discussion is doing nothing but insulting system era and the game itself, especially when you call 1.0 a joke.

I called it back in September of last year when we all thought the game was releasing in December: the lack of beta testing before launch. I think my concerns were just validated:

On 9/26/2018 at 12:07 PM, vvhorus said:

3. If this "secret" end-game content involves activities/game elements not currently present in the game, you guys only have less than 3 months to test and tweak those if indeed SES plans to stick with a December release. It means that this content must be fully functional and with minimal bugs (playable state) at launch on all current systems. There are plenty of beta testers here at your disposal. Releasing untested content and risking it not working as intended on day 1 because of an unanticipated issue (remember: not all PC's are created equal) is a big gamble, especially for a small studio such as yourselves. Are you really sure you guys want to do that?

I like this game and I wholeheartedly wish for it to do well, but sometimes some of these management decisions just make me cringe. I understand that SES might want to keep a few surprises for release, but if those surprises go out untested and fail at launch, it could potentially backfire big time, especially from us players that have consistently followed the game for the past year and 9 months and already have hundreds of hours in it.

One of the reasons behind not releasing any more updates before 1.0 was to work on bugs and stability/performance issues. I'm a bit disappointed that all these legacy bugs found their way to release untouched. We were hoping that Terrain 2.0 would fix most issues like clippings, stuff sinking, or players being launched into the air, but apparently it didn't, which leads me to believe that T2.0 was a form-over-function update.

Instead of using the already-there early access playerbase as beta testers, they gave early access to a few streamers whose main goal was to look out for their own best interests and not for game bugs. Sure, no game ever releases without bugs, but if the devs had a chance to do a beta testing period to weed out some, they should have taken the opportunity to do so. Now, here we are...

I vote for a "quit without saving option".

I would accept to be labeled by developers as a cheater in exchange for this "service". :)

well i buy this game in ea and it was fine realy. but 1.0 is a mass for me . too much bugs. İ cant play 30 min without saying f*** it. i dont wacht youtubers streamears videos about 1,0 . i was so exited now i am very disapointed .

if dev wass say we have some difficultis so we delay game release i will said  ok . but like this no .

As a gamer i paid for it and i want decent ver. so i can play .  look at the steam points its going down. 

On 2/6/2019 at 8:21 PM, Martin said:

I bought an EA. If this bug was in the EA I would have reported it.

It is now in the officially released version.  Not the Ea.. I'm not here to report bugs in an official version

Please do remember that even fully released games can't be expected to be without issues (nowadays at least). Even the largest studious with giant budgets pretty much always launch their games with various issues that will be ironed out over time (performance being one of the worst culprits, the variety in hardware truly is huge, though). 
Expecting a small indie studio with under 20 people to pull off what studious with hundreds of people still can't manage is a bit extreme. Of course, I am not saying you should be happy with what you got. Definitely not. But do please communicate your anger and/or disappointment within reason.

The lack of a quit with out saving option is an issue.   The fact that after starting up the release, the game ran smooth for a short time then began to run like the <10 versions.   Extreme lag, freezing, outright crashing continuing after full release is an extreme problem.   They wont sell any more  games if the game continues to operate like a rusty unfolding lawn chair.

Hell the game freezes in the Loading Solar System animation.  Id call that a problem