arronhuk

[1.0.3.0][PC-Steam]- No sound available in game or openeing cut scene

I'm running on the on-board sound chip (Realtek High Definition) and have that set to both the chosen output device, I'm getting other audio through the headphones but not astroneer.

DxDiag.txt

Turns out it was picking my non default audio device (oculus rift in my case) I disabled it and it's working now.

Thanks for this Windows 10 has moved the sound device configuration into a really unhelpful place before it was just a few clicks.

I missed the game intro because the sound didn't work is there any way to re-run it? I know it only a small thing but now it just loads to the same place.

I'm having the same issue, but my system is definitely set to the right device. I've tried rebooting, reinstalling the game. And manually setting Astroneer to use my speakers in Windows. And still no audio anywhere in the game.

yes windows was reporting that astroneer was using my sound card however it turns out it wasn't. try disabling other sound cards temporarily and that may fix your issue. How to do that depends on the revision of windows you have. you need the playback device list. and right click on each. You can enable them again the same way.