Vader 🎮

Where is the update (windows)

Recommended Posts

It is currently Feb 6 2019 1:24 am

I thought it would be out by now, all their medias and announcements are quiet, whats going on?

Im sitting here in the ms store on my pc, but its still in the old version. I guess i'll have to wait till tomorrow

my guess is that windows is tied to xbox and steam is different

Edited by Vader 🎮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked the Xbox update at 7.30 this morning and nothing.  I've also tried contacting them but nothing :( perhaps something has gone wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xbox/MS roll-out starts in 6.5hrs. It is known. 

Edited by Blind Io

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing yet for me (Win10). My Store downloads page is empty - Astroneer was last updated in November 2018. 

So still waiting ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, Blind Io said:

Xbox/MS roll-out starts in 6.5hrs. It is known. 

hasn't posted yet

 

Edited by Jamnan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just became available on my system (had to go to the MS Store app and manually check for updates). 2.17 GB download in progress ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, spinlock_1977 said:

Nothing yet on Win 7. But really? XBox before PC? That may be a first for System Era 😉

Steam rolled out 11hrs before MS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I uninstalled the game to try and reinstall to see if that would then update to the official release but now I cannot reinstall the game and the option is greyed out. Please help me fix this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mathias Ziegelschmidt said:

where is the update my win10 store is empty no astroneer. iam live in Germany here is 19:04 on the 6th and Nothing ? can some one tell me when the roll out starts in european time?

 

The roll-out time is global. You can try restarting, but some people will have to wait for Microsoft to sort themselves out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Mathias Ziegelschmidt said:

ok global whats the global time for the rollout. are you kidding me

It was hours ago. I assumed you'd read this thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've gone into the MS and manually refreshed the updates and nothing. The store says Astroneer was last modified last November. help?

 

Edited by Joshua Cox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Joshua Cox said:

I've gone into the MS and manually refreshed the updates and nothing. The store says Astroneer was last modified last November. help?

 

Is Windows up to date? Did you try restarting your PC? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joshua sykes-ellis said:

I uninstalled the game to try and reinstall to see if that would then update to the official release but now I cannot reinstall the game and the option is greyed out. Please help me fix this.

same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joshua sykes-ellis said:

I uninstalled the game to try and reinstall to see if that would then update to the official release but now I cannot reinstall the game and the option is greyed out. Please help me fix this.

Unfortunately, 1.0 requires the Windows October 2018 update. You have to be on version 1809.  If you update Windows to the latest version people have said the game installs and works.

I really hope this is just a store publishing error -- I'm not ready to install 1809.

-Forjo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Forjo Atinxan said:

Unfortunately, 1.0 requires the Windows October 2018 update. You have to be on version 1809.  If you update Windows to the latest version people have said the game installs and works.

I really hope this is just a store publishing error -- I'm not ready to install 1809.

-Forjo

Thanks this works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, Forjo Atinxan said:

Unfortunately, 1.0 requires the Windows October 2018 update. You have to be on version 1809.  If you update Windows to the latest version people have said the game installs and works.

I really hope this is just a store publishing error -- I'm not ready to install 1809.

-Forjo

Just to verify for others arriving here; I too didn't have the Oct18 1809 update installed - I was only on 1803. Astroneer was saying in the store page showing my installed apps:

( ! ) ASTRONEER does not work on this device

This was a small exclamation icon next to the blue Launch button in the store library page.

So I manually forced a Windows update, which is currently downloading. I'll come back and confirm if the game itself updates once I restart Windows.

 

Edited by Ben Sando

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ben Sando said:

 

I'll come back and confirm if the game itself updates once I restart Windows.

 

So, I CAN confirm that updating to 1809 and restarting allowed Astroneer to successfuly install it's update!! 2.17Gb for the full version, on its way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ben Sando said:

So, I CAN confirm that updating to 1809 and restarting allowed Astroneer to successfuly install it's update!! 2.17Gb for the full version, on its way!

I CAN NOT confirm that working for me. I just did the update twice to find no result. I checked the system requirements to find that even with 1809 installed I STILL need another update. However, whenever I click to find that update on the Microsoft website, it just takes me to a page stating "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found."image.thumb.png.b461723a2753e035d714d43ae415f257.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Blind Io said:

Is Windows up to date? Did you try restarting your PC? 

I did have a Windows update to install and now the update for Astroneer is now installing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now