Different types of soil you can collect in canisters (or different canisters for different soil). Certain types of soil must be found in caves or on different planets. In the soil centrifuge, different types of soil can give you different types of resources.

Example: Surface soil on Terran only gives you basic resources. But a soil found deep in a cave can give you laterite. Another type of soil on a different planet gives you compound, but twice the amount a normal surface soil would give you.

Let me know what you guys think!

Hmmm, kind of like the atmospheric condenser, which Varies by planet... I’m interested.

i think it is not nesecary by any means, but being able to derive different things from different soil would make sense.

Perhaps there could be different soils per planet and as you get closer to the core you can get compressed soil cause of all the pressure and junk that gives you more materials per canister of soil. Also depending on what planet you get your soil from determines what you get IE: if a planets primary resource was malachite you could now get malachite from the soil.

17 hours ago, Rebelord said:

Perhaps there could be different soils per planet and as you get closer to the core you can get compressed soil cause of all the pressure and junk that gives you more materials per canister of soil. Also depending on what planet you get your soil from determines what you get IE: if a planets primary resource was malachite you could now get malachite from the soil.

I agree! Possibly surface soil giving the primary resource(s), and harder soil giving the secondary resource(s).

This makes the soil centrifuge, a bit OP.So I suggest that you don't get to choose the resources that you extract. Instead, you press extract and it gives you a certain number and type of material based off chance. E.g: Surface soil on terran; This canister of soil contains 30% resin   10% compound   20% quartz   25% clay   5% malachite   10%laterite (these percentages can vary based off of chance)

If you find this a bit confusing please tell me and i will explain it better!

How about instead you need a upgraded soil extractor that needs a rather large amount of soil (maybe 3 canisters) to get the primary and secondary resource and the upgraded soul extractor will have a faster rate for the common resources (the resources that are made before the upgrade) and can hold a lot more soil

13 hours ago, Rebelord said:

How about instead you need a upgraded soil extractor that needs a rather large amount of soil (maybe 3 canisters) to get the primary and secondary resource and the upgraded soul extractor will have a faster rate for the common resources (the resources that are made before the upgrade) and can hold a lot more soil

Yeah! Different levels of soil centrifuge sounds great! Does System Era still check these suggestions?

8 minutes ago, MarcusUniversee said:

Yeah! Different levels of soil centrifuge sounds great! Does System Era still check these suggestions?

Joe, Chloe, Veronica, and others check in on the forums. They don't often wade in, but they see what's going on. 

+1

I definitely like the idea of collecting the hard soil for use in the centrifuge. I think that's a great idea! Or even an upgraded version of the centrifuge. Or perhaps in combination with the chemistry lab? A way to get some of the second tier resources more consistently could be nice!

Hey guys this may already be in the game can some one test this for me

(Read the thread to see why this may already be here)