dSid

Astroneer 1.0 for some players?

Why do I see videos on Astroneer 1.0 all over Youtube when the release date is Feb 6th? I have pre-ordered/early Access it on steam for me and my daughter to play together. If the game is finished why do we have to wait? Do certain people get special treatment? I will play this game with my daughter when we get access, but I will NEVER support you again. Never. The game is done and you have been given money for the product. 6 days, for 6 days people can watch the whole game on Youtube and just ignore buying the game them self. So Ill say it again, no support from me ever again.

... will take this to the Youtubers as you did then.. see what they think about this mess.

13 hours ago, dSid said:

Why do I see videos on Astroneer 1.0 all over Youtube when the release date is Feb 6th?

Common marketing tactics. This has been a thing since like forever.

13 hours ago, dSid said:

If the game is finished why do we have to wait? Do certain people get special treatment? 

Having played 1.0 myself, it certainly still needs some fine-tuning. I would not consider it "done" just yet. But the release was set for the 6th after all.
And yes, influencers always get special treatment. That's marketing. Everyone does it and always did.

13 hours ago, dSid said:

I will play this game with my daughter when we get access, but I will NEVER support you again. Never. The game is done and you have been given money for the product.

You'll enjoy it when it's truly done, and that's what counts! But please do not assume any date earlier than the official public release is relevant. Influencers receiving earlier access is a completely separate matter from customers receiving their product at the given date.

13 hours ago, dSid said:

6 days, for 6 days people can watch the whole game on Youtube and just ignore buying the game them self.

People who watch the game instead of buying it had no intention of buying it to begin with. So no worries about that!
It's a game after all, you play it, you don't exclusively watch it unless you didn't care about it to begin with.

12 hours ago, dSid said:

... will take this to the Youtubers as you did then.. see what they think about this mess.

Given that this is a normal marketing strategy, you likely would not even receive a reply from anyone who makes content about such topics. Those people live from this kind of thing just as much as many companies.

Either way, it's unfortunate you feel this way (although I do understand, I used to think like that). Regardless, hopefully you'll be happy with what 1.0 brings to you when the time comes!

14 hours ago, dSid said:

Why do I see videos on Astroneer 1.0 all over Youtube when the release date is Feb 6th? I have pre-ordered/early Access it on steam for me and my daughter to play together. If the game is finished why do we have to wait? Do certain people get special treatment? I will play this game with my daughter when we get access, but I will NEVER support you again. Never. The game is done and you have been given money for the product. 6 days, for 6 days people can watch the whole game on Youtube and just ignore buying the game them self. So Ill say it again, no support from me ever again.

I feel your pain. SES could have released the game earlier for early access owners and on Feb. 6 for everyone else, as pretty much every other publisher is doing, but somehow they didn't think it was important enough to do so, or it might have just slipped their minds, who knows. However, seeing through all the streamers (Wyvyrias, Zelly, Z1, One Last Midnight) the sorry state that the 1.0 game is currently in, in terms of performance and stability, I think we were better off waiting. Even clouds are broken. I called the lack of beta testing back in September of last year, before the delay was announced:

On 9/26/2018 at 12:07 PM, vvhorus said:

3. If this "secret" end-game content involves activities/game elements not currently present in the game, you guys only have less than 3 months to test and tweak those if indeed SES plans to stick with a December release. It means that this content must be fully functional and with minimal bugs (playable state) at launch on all current systems. There are plenty of beta testers here at your disposal. Releasing untested content and risking it not working as intended on day 1 because of an unanticipated issue (remember: not all PC's are created equal) is a big gamble, especially for a small studio such as yourselves. Are you really sure you guys want to do that?

I like this game and I wholeheartedly wish for it to do well, but sometimes some of these management decisions just make me cringe. I understand that SES might want to keep a few surprises for release, but if those surprises go out untested and fail at launch, it could potentially backfire big time, especially from us players that have consistently followed the game for the past year and 9 months and already have hundreds of hours in it.

We get a free suit, though!