Beacons more useful in caves

I bet it happens a lot. Your inventory is full and you find one or two deposits of a much needed resource. What do you do if you can't carry it? Drop a Beacon. However they are pretty useless in caves atm. I've been looking out for 2 in a massive cave for hours with no trace of them whatsoever. SUGGESTION: make the beacons flash a strong light every now and then, strong enough you can see the walls reflecting it even if you are not looking directly into its direction. Also add a little beep, so you can track it by sound.

Going off of your beacon in a cave idea, what if they add a menu where you can track which beacon is which, give it a name and a note etc. then you can just go to the menu and select such beacon and it will flash (can be seen through walls) for a second or 2. Also say if the beacon is placed near a tether and you ping it, the game will show an animated "go the way" along the tether similar to how you would get power from your base, toward that beacon. 

The beeping thing is a great idea ! But I'd add a few things to the compass we already have. It would show the beacons, home, as well as if the target is up or downards, something that would look like that, so you know where to dig!

Compass.jpg