SES_joe

Dedicated servers for 1.0

Hey Friends!

I wanted to just post here to share some news and be really transparent...unfortunately we had to make the unpopular decision to cut dedicated servers for 1.0.

As time counted down we realized that shipping them was just not feasible to keep our current date and we were cutting the feature down to it's bare bones just to make it. We would rather not do that, so we are going to continue work on them and then release as soon as they are ready after 1.0. I will do my best to keep everyone updated with a timeline, but we are still as excited about them as ever because we want cross play and larger multiplayer counts.

Totally understand that this is disappointing news, but I hope people will understand our reasoning and enjoy the rest of the awesome stuff that is coming in the 1.0 update. I will try and answer questions as they pop up here!

It fine, we appreciate your effort and as anyone knows who has some coding-game design background some problems are amazingly complex. Thanks for letting everyone know, and can’t wait for 1.0! 

Even if in the past I've been a bit harsh with my criticism (tough love, really) and these news being a bit disappointing, I do appreciate your efforts.

One thing I would like to be certain about is multiplayer stability. I've been pulling my friends back into the game in preparation for launch, but whenever we're together in a session, it sometimes becomes unbearable to play in, with the game bogging down to 1 fps on many occasions for all of us. Has something being done and tested to avoid this at launch?

Even with the delay not enough time to finish such a crucial feature - another game with a rushed release. Dedicated server was a big topic prior to launch long time ago. The release version isn't 1.0, it feels more like 0.8 with all the cut down features.

I don't believe anyone expects a complete 1.0 of anything anymore.  Appreciate the effort, and will enjoy the game plenty.  And, will look foward to additions after 1.0 and beyond!

Oh no, teething troubles...I can wait for a few 'things' that might need tuning. I am sure you all have a trillion things to consider and have been working very hard. If you get any complaints just refer them to me.

I can't wait to see it. Bugs and all.