Hi,me and my friend have thought about robots in astroneer : Explorer Bot (Places Tethers), Miner Bot : Mines ores (what did you expect) And Research Bots : Go to find researching things,bring them to your base and put the Researching things in the Researching Chamber.

now to get these robots you must have : 1 compound 1 Wolframite or Resin And 1 Laterite.Then you have to have Power or wind/solar panels to give them Energy.For a Miner Bot you have to have the mineral / ore that you want him to mine inside your inventory to put it inside his inventory. Explorer bot has to have Tethers to place them.and research bots... carry a table on their back or something?

I’m like this as i have requested robots multiple times myself but there should be different recipes for each one in—order to prevent mass production also miners sound like a pain to make as they would need to add a path finding system that only allows the bot to go where you have to prevent players from accidentally finding new nodes just cause there robot has all seeing eyes 

Instead of research bots may i suggest transport bots that can carry a storage unit or research pod on it that will follow you until you send it home where it then dumps its load

And instead of explorer bots how about a automatic teacher dropping upgrade becuase exploring is a part of the game

Automation is on the roadmap; check that out if you want more information. As far as what “automation” means, that is up to the devs. If you want to propose ideas though, make another topic named something like “ideas for automation.” Names like this attract devs and moderators.