Sign in to follow this  
Rbox

Transporting researchable stuff

Transporting researchable (is that even a word?)  stuff which you find underground is a very unpleasant task. I'm in this extensive and complex cave system that goes quite deep and find lots of unknown objects to research. Now bringing them back above ground one by one takes forever and is annoying to do with the camera difficult to control, often not able to run etc. Building a research chamber underground would be a good solution if it was easier to get power to it. Generators that use resources are again tedious to maintain and wind turbines do seldom get enough wind (and none in a corridor). So in all I would say there is a flaw in this as most unknown substances I find are indeed found underground.

On PC version, there must be something similar for game controllers: hold down RIGHT mouse button to steer up/down/left/right, up arrow to move forward all while holding the item.

It is easy to manouveur a research object to guide it through tricky tunnels etc. Steer the object and your astroneer will follow it.

Good luck.