CopperyMarrow15

Power should be more of a problem.

It simply makes logical sense that the Terrain Tool should at least require some power, right? The Large Rover already requires a HUGE amount of power but the Terrain Tool requires nothing. Also, spacecraft should not give free power when you are tethered to them. Power should be a problem that you actually need to consider when you leave your base. Please let me know what you think.

I have thought about this as well and I agree it is not very realistic.  I can see System Era's reasoning for the unmodded terrain tool not requiring power as it helps balance the early game.  How about if tighter power management , like you are suggesting, is an expert option you can choose at the beginning of the game?  The game would default to the current easier power management option.

If the terrain tool requires power this can cause a end of the game scienaro where the player is unable to interact with anything due to the fact that they have no power in their terrain tool

Check out Z1Gaming on youtube, he's doing a retro series re-playing older versions of astroneer. Back in some of the original designs you would lose power while using the terrain tool, then it would slowly trickle back. If you compare it to play now you can see a possible reason why they  decided to make that change.

On 1/10/2019 at 1:36 PM, StubbornDonkey said:

Check out Z1Gaming on youtube, he's doing a retro series re-playing older versions of astroneer. Back in some of the original designs you would lose power while using the terrain tool, then it would slowly trickle back. If you compare it to play now you can see a possible reason why they  decided to make that change.

I am subscribed to Z1 Gaming and I know about this. I was not saying that it should require as much power as it used to but at least require some power.

On 1/10/2019 at 1:31 PM, Rebelord said:

If the terrain tool requires power this can cause a end of the game scienaro where the player is unable to interact with anything due to the fact that they have no power in their terrain tool

This would only happen if you were stuck on another planet with no Hydrazine, no Small Generators, no wind turbines, or no solars. Even then, it is possible to find power generating items at wrecks. Also, spacecraft currently produce infinite power making this impossible.