I have an idea for a new type of flora for the game. It is like a big flower with 4 flaps that open up at night. Inside, there is a researchable object that emits light. The light goes out if you pick it up but it can be researched for about 2000 bytes. They grow mostly in the flatlands so they are easy to spot if you are far away. Another of their features is that they have several sacs at their base. Each has a 'Use' function that adds a small amount of oxygen to your tank. These sacs grow back after 5 minutes. If you kill them, they explode with acidic gas like an Exploder but give 3 seeds that can be planted to grow another plant. Please let me know what you think.

I like the idea of a bioluminescent plant.  It would look quite beautiful on the landscape!

Having them grow small, useful game items is fun, and consequences for their destruction is always entertaining.

I’m liking it a lot so +1 but maybe during night it produces sacs of oxygen and during the day it produces sacks of organic that last exceptionally longer then normal bits of organic 

Thank you for the positive comments!

On 1/10/2019 at 12:12 AM, Davenaut said:

consequences for their destruction is always entertaining.

XD

On 1/10/2019 at 1:34 PM, Rebelord said:

maybe during night it produces sacs of oxygen and during the day it produces sacks of organic that last exceptionally longer then normal bits of organic 

I would like the oxygen sacs to be there at all times. There are already enough plants that give Organic but, to hint that it is a plant, it would need to somehow give Organic. Does anyone have any other ideas?

On 1/9/2019 at 10:12 PM, Davenaut said:

I like the idea of a bioluminescent plant.  It would look quite beautiful on the landscape!

Having them grow small, useful game items is fun, and consequences for their destruction is always entertaining.

Now all I can think of is sitting at the top of a mountain as the sun sets and watching the plains light up with hundreds of glow plants. Legit made me smile In the middle of math. Please add, devs! +1