Bargeral

Use old art assets as derelicts and salvage

So I'm watching "The Evolution of Astroneer" and I'm seeing a lot of art that is not currently in the game. Some of them are very neat. So I thought they should show up as the derelicts, and wrecks from the past. Moon buggy, buggy with different attach points, the old style rounded base elements, the just-about current sloped edge tables etc. The small buggy train. They wouldn't change game play but would add some sense of history to the story - showing all the past efforts that failed. Look at this old base with old rover, a curiosity to be sure.

Also, I thought changing the color scheme on some of the usable derelicts would be neat. So you come upon a crash site, but all the Orange/red on white elements are Blue/green on grey or brown/black on brickred. It stands out as different, and if you get lucky you might be able to own a blue medium storage pallet to two.

I agree!  Legacy space junk would be nostalgic and fun.

The color idea is good too.  You could even use the color schemes to tell a small story about the different failed factions that have tried to tame each planet.

System era has granted people who have played the game before the initial release with a new space man so why not do the same but with old buildings and vechiles from the legacy of astroneer as another option to build instead of the standard design

On 1/10/2019 at 11:32 AM, Rebelord said:

System era has granted people who have played the game before the initial release with a new space man so why not do the same but with old buildings and vechiles from the legacy of astroneer as another option to build instead of the standard design

Wait.... am I seeing this right... skins for our stuff! Old style viechles! They sounds cool, and so does using old textures for wreckage. Either way, I’m in support. +1, +1.

I was also thinking about finding a direct copy of curiosity rover on barren, for an Easter egg.

I would love to see an homage to the Apollo landing site.

...Or maybe a dead Kerbal.

Edited by Bargeral

On 1/18/2019 at 10:59 AM, Astrofun said:

I was also thinking about finding a direct copy of curiosity rover on barren, for an Easter egg.

On 1/19/2019 at 6:55 AM, Bargeral said:

I would love to see an homage to the Apollo landing site.

Some sort of ties with real life would be great too.