Emmit Kish

Game not saving, returns to same place every time

I've had this problem for a while now. A week ago I exited my only save game from one point. In a vehicle (two medium rovers attached via cable) with those large research things attached to it. When I came on, I was in the same place. During that play session i went to the barren planet for the first time and brought back zinc (I used the small shuttle, shuttle seat, and a solid fuel thruster), then came back with my zinc, made a couple of mods for my excavator, then left the game after saving it via getting into a vehicle and then exiting, making sure that the save game icon did indeed appear.

When I came back on to the game, my progress was lost, and I was in the aforementioned vehicle with large research attached to it. This time i gathered rescources and made stuff, but did not go to space. I saved and exited the save game, came back, and all my progress was saved from the previous session. During that session i decided i wanted to go back to space so i made a shuttle and went to exotic. Came back with lithium and tungsten, made some stuff, then exited the game. I came back today to find out that all my  progress was lost, and i was in the rover with large research attached to it.

I hope you guys resolve this, it only happens when i go to another planet, and it's very annoying.

Sidenote: Placing tethers on long chains of tethers freezes my game completely.

I've had similar happen to me.  I've been going back and forth from terran to arid saving and quitting here and there.  I entered the game today and realized that my entire session from last night wasn't saved.  I know I had saved during and at the end too.  Clearly saving doesn't actually save.

This happened to me again, but I was staying on terran and hadn't been planet hopping at all.  My last session, which wasn't that long, was completely lost.