Posted (edited)

can someone tell me how i rise terrain on xbox 0.10.5 because when i try it just puts a cross where i aim and the same for flattening 

Edited by C2006 Clarkie

11 hours ago, C2006 Clarkie said:

can someone tell me how i rise terrain on xbox 0.10.5 because when i try it just puts a cross where i aim and the same for flattening 

You need a canister containing soil on your backpack or tool to raise or flatten. It's been that way for quite a while now. The tutorial and quick help (view button) have tips on the mechanics. 

On 1/2/2019 at 12:38 AM, Blind Io said:

You need a canister containing soil on your backpack or tool to raise or flatten. It's been that way for quite a while now. The tutorial and quick help (view button) have tips on the mechanics. 

I can't find the tutorial on mine or when I can see the button to access the tutorial, it doesn't seem to allow me to access it.  I'd love a tutorial, but all I can get it to do is place me on a planet (I assume) with some tethers  (sometimes) and the terrain tool. 

I haven't played it in a while but you follow the tether line to a damaged base and there's some tool tips that tell you what to do. It's not the best tutorial but does demonstrate the basics. 

Simply collect 1 Resin by deforming terrain and use the printer in your backpack to make a Canister. Place it anywhere on your backpack and deform terrain until the Canister in full. Try adding terrain again. It should work until your Canister is depleted. Deform more terrain to collect more soil and repeat the process.

Hint: If you want to make a ramp in a cave without wasting soil, you can dig out part of the wall of the cave until you reach the lower level.