Cooper04

There is a possible copyright issue here.

So, there’s a game on the App Store for 2 dollars and it has the name astroneer (picture provided below)

I think this is a very scummy practice and needs to be dealt with.

A436E022-C3EE-43C9-B097-D544C0BC095D.png

4 minutes ago, CopperyMarrow15 said:

How do they get away with that?

Exactly, It’s absolutely disgusting!

3 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

System Era didn't make this game so this is a MASSIVE copyright issue, I can't believe someone would do that!

I know, right? This company has other rip-off games too. There’s also a mobile ripoff by a different dev team that’s copying a computer game called Beam.NG drive. The mobile version has the exact same name but they put a “.” At the end of its name.

Just now, Cooper04 said:

I know, right? This company has other rip-off games too. There’s also a mobile ripoff by a different dev team that’s copying a computer game called Beam.NG drive. The mobile version has the exact same name but they put a “.” At the end of its name.

I hate it when developers do this, they didn't put the time and effort into making a game and they just rip it off and make money off of it. 

I hate it when developers do this, they didn't put the time and effort into making a game and they just rip it off and make money off of it. 

I totally agree with you on that. It’s so annoying to me, it makes me more mad because these mobile gamers are so gullible, people are writing reviews to it saying stuff like “why are you hating on it? It’s still new” which makes me really mad cause I don’t see how they don’t realize they’re playing a blatant ripoff.

2 minutes ago, Cooper04 said:

I totally agree with you on that. It’s so annoying to me, it makes me more mad because these mobile gamers are so gullible, people are writing reviews to it saying stuff like “why are you hating on it? It’s still new” which makes me really mad cause I don’t see how they don’t realize they’re playing a blatant ripoff.

Exactly, it makes me so mad man. 

Exactly, it makes me so mad man. 

I wish I could speak to Apple about it. But they take 40% of the earnings from apps so they probably don’t care.

On 1/4/2019 at 2:19 PM, Cooper04 said:

I wish I could speak to Apple about it. But they take 40% of the earnings from apps so they probably don’t care.

You should be able to report the app...

top result

Tap the "App Store" icon on your Home screen and select "Search." Type the name of the offending app in the text field and press the "Search" button. Select the app in the list of search results. Tap the "Report" button to report the issue to Apple.

4 hours ago, Bargeral said:

You should be able to report the app...

top result

Tap the "App Store" icon on your Home screen and select "Search." Type the name of the offending app in the text field and press the "Search" button. Select the app in the list of search results. Tap the "Report" button to report the issue to Apple.

I made a video here, there’s no such button sadly.

Hmm, it's a wonder any instructions work on the Internet with how quickly it all changes. Thinking about it, really it falls under IP law and the DMCA - a quick Google on DMCA Apple turned up this link. Although, as we are not the copyright holders we don't have standing to file on behalf of System Era. It's too bad that you can't just point it out and trust Apple will take the ball and figure it out themselves.  I would suggest firing off an email from the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom or to contact@systemera.net about this. "Found this app using your IP, might want to file a DMCA take down" or something. I could do it if you like, but I figure it's your find. 

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Bargeral said:

Hmm, it's a wonder any instructions work on the Internet with how quickly it all changes. Thinking about it, really it falls under IP law and the DMCA - a quick Google on DMCA Apple turned up this link. Although, as we are not the copyright holders we don't have standing to file on behalf of System Era. It's too bad that you can't just point it out and trust Apple will take the ball and figure it out themselves.  I would suggest firing off an email from the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom or to contact@systemera.net about this. "Found this app using your IP, might want to file a DMCA take down" or something. I could do it if you like, but I figure it's your find. 

I would appreciate it greatly if you could do it! I’m only 14 and I’m not too intelligent about this type of stuff, but I’m still smart enough to know this is obviously not acceptable.

Edited by Cooper04

6 hours ago, Cooper04 said:

I would appreciate it greatly if you could do it! I’m only 14 and I’m not too intelligent about this type of stuff, but I’m still smart enough to know this is obviously not acceptable.

No problem. Done.

One thing though, you are clearly intelligent. What you lack is experience. Just keep doing what you are doing and you'll be fine.

To who it may concern,

I wanted to draw your attention Apple App Store application that appears to be using stolen IP assets from System Era. The App in question is titled "ASTRONEER" and is submitted by Kangaroo Games, LTD. In addition to the title, the cover shot clearly has your Astroneer character and other artwork.  Presumably you'll want to file a DMCA take down notice with Apple or take other action to protect your IP.  I hope this gets sorted out to your satisfaction.

The forum post is "There is a possible copyright issue here." in the 'Help, Questions and Support forum'. The user that noticed this wasn't sure how to how to bring this to you and I'm just helping out.

On behalf of myself and Cooper04

Sincerely,

Bargeral

45 minutes ago, Bargeral said:

No problem. Done.

One thing though, you are clearly intelligent. What you lack is experience. Just keep doing what you are doing and you'll be fine.

Fantastically done! I hope they bring justice to these scummy developers.

Hi all,  Just wanted to let you know that we are already aware of the issue and are taking necessary steps to address. Thanks for keeping your eagle eyes open!

11 minutes ago, SES_Veronica said:

Hi all,  Just wanted to let you know that we are already aware of the issue and are taking necessary steps to address. Thanks for keeping your eagle eyes open!

Awesome! Glad to hear. It annoys me just for the fact they thought they could get away with it and also the fact innocent people were being scammed.