Donald Jones

Games won't save on Xbox1

So the last time my game saved was Thursday afternoon, 3PM and will not save or update since.

I started a new game to see if it would save and it did.  Saves continued for about 2 hours then no more.  

I've cleared storage, and conducted complete shutdown and restart.  Any other help...is it me of is it Astroneer??

Okay it's not me.  I've repeatedly cleared the cache and memory storage along with multiple reboots and still not able to save game progress.  I even started the new Tech Test game and was able to save 1 time but no more.  Maybe the management of Astroneer doesn't want Xbox players until after Feb 6 (that maybe to long to wait) and then how can I be sure this issue will be corrected in version 1.0?  Oh, BTW this is not the first time I've had Xbox save problems related to this game (been playing since pre-alpha) and several time this problem arises without any acknowledgement from Astroneer staff that they have problem.  Who else is having this problem?

Game has been deleted, reinstalled and deleted again.  Cache can't have anything left, I feed it and memory storage Xlax.

Down to the last straw, 4 days with no ability to save, multiple new games (only save one time and no more).  No word from anybody; I think I've been deserted and left to die on Terran and Astroneer staff doesn't care...

Next delete will be the final delete with no hope of ever resurrecting the game.

Anybody??HELP ME Please, Anybody

They've indicated there's possibly some issue with behind-the-scenes Microsoft profile status. If you've installed the game on a PC, ensure that PC is up to date with Windows Update. 

Beyond that, a full shutdown (either holding the power button or via the settings menu) of the console has resolved the problem for me in the past. 

Also you can try turning off 'instant on' and avoid swapping between the game and the home screen or other apps. 

Edit;

Turning off Capture or whatever it's called is another troubleshooting step you can try. 

Edited by Blind Io

Thanks Blind, I will try these suggestions this afternoon.

Who is the "they" when you commented "they've indicated"?  Is that someone I can communicate with?

5 hours ago, Donald Jones said:

Who is the "they" when you commented "they've indicated"?  Is that someone I can communicate with?

The devs, who are on holiday but will see this in the new year. Communication has been relatively minimal as they work towards 1.0, but they are still monitoring community channels. 

Appreciate your help Blind; however nothing you recommended effected my situation.

I ended up deleting all games, clearing all memory, including sync and was able to play for a few hours last night without any losses.

Merry Christmas

V/R

I had this problem how full is your hard drive on the console mine was pretty full at about 89% but got a expansion drive for Christmas transfered the game to that and it started saving again not had a problem since hope this helps