System: Xbox One

Update 0.10.5.0

every time I place a tether (clicking down on the D-Pad) my game lags for anywhere between 4 and 15 seconds (usually 8.15 seconds, I timed it). During this time the screen is completely frozen and I’m unable to do anything, including opennthe menu. This problem also exists when I pick up a tether to store in my pack or move the tether. This lag only occurs when the tether is going to be or currently connected to another tether that is receiving oxygen, or a live tether. If the tether is connected to a dead tether there is no lag. I have never had this problem until this update and it’s making exploring almost unbearable. Please fix this. i attached a video of the problem, hopefully you’ll be able to open it.

Tethers have been a problem for a long time - the older your save, and the larger and more complicated the tether networks, the bigger the problem. 

We've been assured optimisations are coming in 1.0!

Thank you. Will there also be improvements to the lag that occurs for the host of a session while other people are in the session? It’s hard to play with friends when I’m the host because the game lags so much

trevor coyle the lag for the host is because our friends is placing down tethers in a complicated network of tethers. I think they will fix that problem in 1.0 or later

Posted (edited)

Hi, I just registered on the forum to chime in and say that I have the exact same issue. I've seen multiple threads about this issue and it doesn't seem to be a platform specific thing. Lower-end systems will probably experience this issue more severely than high-end systems.

Hopefully it'll be improved with the 1.0 release, as Blind lo says. @Blind Io do you have a link to the post or video in which the developer states they're aware of the issue, like you said?

As of now the game gets really annoying when I play a session with friends, as the host it'll freeze my screen each time a player places a tether. It's horrible. :P

Edited by MrWahloh

On 1/5/2019 at 10:27 AM, MrWahloh said:

@Blind Io do you have a link to the post or video in which the developer states they're aware of the issue, like you said?

Not to hand, but I've been around for quite a while now. You can trust me, buddy! 😉

Even if they hadn't (I'm remembering Joe mentioning it on a stream when asked), believe that there's no way they couldn't be aware of one of the biggest and longest running performance drains the game has.