cpd

Allow players to specify how many canisters the atmospheric condenser produces

At present, the Atmospheric Condenser, once turned on, will produce as many canisters as can fill the platform it's situated on. This isn't great especially if you want to turn it on and walk away.

As a user I want to specify the number of canisters the Atmospheric Condenser produces so that I can leave the machine functioning and carry on doing another task.

I'm torn on this one. On one hand, each of the factories behave just a littttle bit different with regard to how they're activated. Maybe that's the flavor they're going for? On the other hand, it would be self-consistent to make all of the factories behave like each other. Make them all toggle on/off like the smelter and condenser. Or, make them all one operation per toggle like the centrifuge and the chem lab.

Self-consistency is probably better.

Edited by Jjandrah

No, that's really not what this is about. All the other machines have a way to restrict how long they operate for - what you refer to as toggling them - and so have an end.

The atmospheric condenser, when placed on a large platform with medium storage or with a large platform type C, will run continually until all the slots on the platform are filled. I can remove the medium storage but I shouldn't have to, I should be able to control the machine. A macro example to exaggerate why I feel this is bad: if you have unlimited storage the atmospheric condenser will run forever. 'Infinite' amounts is completely valid and should be an option on the console, however I don't feel it should be the only option as it consumes my in-game time for little to no enjoyment - it's just annoying.

Edited by cpd

Expanding in this idea, you could also have a 'queuing' system where you can specify it produces x amount of one type of gas, then automatically start producing x amount of another type, and so on. This would help with the whole 'automated' feel the Devs are going for in the game.

What about requiring the canisters to be made, and therefore re-usable. So long as empty canisters are available then it continues to produce. It could also allow for the mixing of gasses or containment of other resources, expanding the canister usage. This shape is for soil, this for gas, and this for liquids, etc. This or similar ideas have been posted before and I think it still holds.

On 12/13/2018 at 12:55 PM, cpd said:

At present, the Atmospheric Condenser, once turned on, will produce as many canisters as can fill the platform it's situated on. This isn't great especially if you want to turn it on and walk away.

As a user I want to specify the number of canisters the Atmospheric Condenser produces so that I can leave the machine functioning and carry on doing another task.

I have the same problem and totally agree.

I currently have 6 Methane (even though I only need 1) because I let the Atmospheric Condenser run on Exotic too long.😀

+1

The developers might have thought of the idea to have 5 of the same gas in 1 canister so leaving the Atmospheric Condenser on does not waste too much space.

Edited by CopperyMarrow15

As a temporary solution, you could simply fill the extra storage spaces with whatever resource you have on hand, leaving just enough space for the amount you want.