Jjandrah

Another use for Bytes after all techs are researched

Please consider adding a use for Bytes after all the techs have been researched. I suggest selling bytes at the trading post for resources.

+1

This has already been suggested.

I suggest that this be doable via a special tab on the Research Catalog that lets you purchase resources from Exo Dynamics that go directly to the Astroneer's backpack.

Good idea!  I also like @CopperyMarrow15's implementation of the idea. 

To add to that implementation, perhaps the Astroneer, via the research catalog, can craft the bytes into a data chip (data card, data drive) of a certain capacity (8K? 16K), that would also be tradeable like refined scrap on the trade platform.  The value of 1 data chip being equal to 1 stack of refined scrap, so they can be traded interchangeably on the Trade Platform for all the raw resources.

This would open up a new way of living too. Right now you can mine and scrap, but a living via research would be cool as well.

I think it should be Acme Industries, as in the old Road Runner cartoons, and then everything could show up in a wooden crate too. Probably would be some sort of copyright infringement though, but it would be cool, and funny too.

Exo Dynamics seems to dominate known space. 

That said, I am sure they have their rivals. 

Competition in a free market is always good for the consumer 😉