Sign in to follow this  
DiGiaCom Tech

Storm Sounds When Underground/Tunneling...

Please add a function that will reduce the volume level of a storm based on how far under ground the player is.  That is, when I'm in a cave two layers down with no exits to the surface anywhere near the player the sound can become DEAFENING when a storm passes directly overhead.  As the player is insulated by a thick layer of ground, dirt, rock, whatever the sound from said storm should be substantially muted and or/ non existent.

I know this is a game but ... you might want to consider that, it there isn't any air (e.g. we are in a vaccum) or the atmosphere is of some other makeup (e.g. Helium) then the transfer of sounds an they way they would be heard would either be impossible or dramatically different (e.g. Helium) as the sound waves travel at different rated in different mediums which could be accomplished by adjusting the pitch based on planet type and altitude.  Would be a nice technical touch to the game sounds IMHO ;)

ThanX - DJ

I like the atmospheric affect of the sounds, but I think he is right on the caves are quiet point. Having weird sounds in a helium medium seems over the top though. I would like my caves to be quieter. Also, this affect could happen when you are in your enclosed capsules and/or habitat.