DanielCoffey

Do you get Storm effects in deep caves?

Version : 0.10.5.0

I was under the impression that Storm effects (the tumbling square blocks) were not supposed to affect you when genuinely under the surface in natural cave layers.

Today when on Arid I was in an extremely large cave chamber that was so big it faded off into to the mist in multiple directions. I was in what I thought would be the second cave layer as there had been tunnels above me. A surface storm started and I could hear it. The chamber filled with the dust and my tethers started swaying. Next thing, a square block came out of nowhere and slammed into me, killing me.

There were no visible openings to the surface that the block could have tumbled down so I wondered if it was a fluke or something that is supposed to happen in the largest caves. See the attached screenshot to see the size of the cave.

What do you think?

20181130084341_1.jpg

I also experience storm effects in a second layer cave but not always, sometimes there is a storm and it doesn´t "go" into the cave but sometimes it does and then I get the dust and the swaying tethers but I haven´t seen rocks go flying or been killed by this. I think maybe somewhere I haven´t discovered yet there is a direct opening the storm can get through so it only happens if the wind direction is a specific direction. I don´t know if this is supposed to be this way, if it´s a bug or if it is something else :) 

I have had a decent number of storms pass through since then without flying rocks so maybe there was a natural opening that was out of sight and the direction was perfect.