SES_joe

Update 0.10.5 - November 14, 2018

0.10.5.png

Steam 'Early Access' players will receive this update November 14th, 2018. 
Xbox 'Play Anywhere' players can also expect this patch to hit their consoles or Windows 10 machines throughout the day November 14th, 2018.

Update 0.10.5 contains a Tech Test of a new planet using an early version of Terrain 2.0, a new suit only for Early Access and Play Anywhere players, and bugfixes for the main version of the game. This will be the final early access update before 1.0!

UPDATES & INFO

Exotic Moon Tech Test

This build includes a first look at an early version of Exotic Moon. We are using it as a stress test for Terrain 2.0, the new technology we are using to generate planets. This planet is an earlier unfinished version than the current development one, so it will be missing large parts of the gameplay loop. You should expect to encounter bugs and missing gameplay. If you do, please report them on our forums so we can track major issues as we go through our bugfix phase before 1.0! No amount of feedback is too small! You can access the build by scrolling left on the starting menu space ship and loading "Terrain Tech Test"

20181114015638_1.jpg

Because the planet has missing decorators, effects, research, and resources, Exo Dynamics has provided the Astroneer with 100k bytes, and an experimental development plinth that provides all necessary resources to craft items. Consider this an EXTREMELY loose test for players who want  "Creative Mode" type experience. Please give us feedback on what you would like to see included if Astroneer added a dedicated creative experience after 1.0!

Also, the planet has a fixed seed, so every player of the game will experience the same exact planet. Share your favorite mountains, caves, craters, and with others and directions on how to get there using the Astroneer's compass! 

"Retro" Suit Unlock

20181114031509_1.jpg

As a gift to everyone who supported us throughout development, a new suit has been added to the game! This “Retro” suit is exclusively for Early Access and Game Preview players of Astroneer as a thanks for your ideas, bug reports, feedback, and encouragement. Anyone who owns the game before 1.0 will receive the "Retro" suit, and we have no plans for making it available to post 1.0 players. Thanks so much for your support thus far!

BUGFIXES

The following live issues have been fixed as of version 0.10.5.0:

• [AS-3717] - Addressed an issue where some players were unable to join a Multiplayer game on Xbox One. We will keep monitoring to see if the issue persists, please let us know on the forums if you are still encountering this problem. 
  • [AS-3983] - Fixed a bug where clicking on the opened Backpack while holding down a terrain modifier key breaks cursor selection
  • [AS-4003] - Fixed a Multiplayer bug where Client players could not start the Soil Centrifuge from the control panel
  • [AS-4047] - Fixed a bug where the Chemistry Lab would stop functioning mid-print if a player was holding enough resources to perform crafting twice
  • [AS-4088] - 3-Seat modules should now be appropriately facing outward when printing directly on an Extra Large Rover. 
  • [AS-4602] - Fixed a rare, but annoying crash that occurred when players attempted to shred a second non-empty Oxygen tank with oxygen in it after shredding a non-empty Oxygen tank. 

INFORMATION!

Release Date

Just in case you missed it, Astroneer now has a solid release date, February 6th, 2019! While we hoped to release the game into 1.0 right after the two year anniversary of our Early Access + Game Preview release in mid December, we have made the tough decision to delay the game 6 weeks to make sure we meet the quality bar we have for what we consider a polished 1.0 experience. The game is all but finished, but we ate up too much of our bugfix and performance time that we had slated for the end of development, and feel the few extra weeks of work will allow us to make Astroneer 1.0 a polished experience. We hope our players will understand! For more context about the decision, check out our developer Q&A that we posted on Youtube today, and then check out the release date announcement trailer to see just how different Astroneer is:

Price Increase

We always said we would revisit this once we got closer to 1.0, and now that we are here, it is time! Astroneer will be officially moving to a 1.0 launch price of $29.99 USD on November 19th 2018. Our 19.99 price point was always seen as a discount because the game was unfinished. Just as a reminder, Astroneer 1.0 will include 7 entirely new planets with multiple brand new biomes, new vehicles, modules, items, suits, and an exploration based experience! This also includes around a years worth of completely free content updates. You can view future content being considered on our roadmap. 

That's all for now! This final update is a bittersweet one, this Early Access journey has been an amazing experience, and we cannot wait to deliver an incredible game on February 6th that we can all be proud of having worked on together. Thanks so much from every single member of our team. 

-jt

i think 2019 in 'Price Increase' has to be 2018... am i wrong? 

i think it is 2018 i think it's 'cause the game needs more updates until november...

Edited by alpheratz0213

snoopy-happydance.thumb.jpg.3d6fb4da034d6778e429c586f204444b.jpg

Super can't wait to dig into this one!  Looks like the release date may have slipped.  Oh well.  It's going to be good, I just know it.

This “Retro” suit is it only for players where give feedback, report bugs and encouragement?? And I'm looking forward to the 1.0 version already

Edited by LivePlayer

Custom buttons from keyboard for the buggy seems broken, it won't accelerate on a custom button, only the left and right steering key button work. Tested on this terrain 2.0 map.

7 hours ago, SES_joe said:

Just as a reminder, Astroneer 1.0 will include 7 entirely new planets with multiple brand new biomes, new vehicles, modules, items, suits, and an exploration based experience! This also includes around a years worth of completely free content updates. You can view future content being considered on our roadmap. 

-jt

The Trello shows that after release there are more features planned:
- Creative Mode
- Mod Support
- Liquid on Planets
- Aggressive Fauna / AI-driven Creatures
- Weather Systems and Climate Events
- Large Scale Automation System
- Farming System
- Home / Player Home
- Interactive and non-interactive decor
- Player Inventory Management
- Player Sharing / Trading
- Cartography
- Damage System Refactor
- Mac OS Version

Questions:

• The 7 entirely new planets means we will have 6+7=13 planets in 1.0?
  • The features listed above, will be delivered within that 1 year of free content? OR will be delayed until 2021 and part of a DLC? Why 2021? Because If a DLC comes in February 07, 2020 (one year and one day after release) then it means it was developed during the 1 year free content update... It would be nice to detail the Trello roadmap and show clearly what comes for free and what will be payed.

Some time ago they told Terrain 2.0 is made with performance improvements in mind over the old system, even though in this demo it runs worse. They said it isn't optimized at all, we will see.

18 minutes ago, mikk said:

Some time ago they told Terrain 2.0 is made with performance improvements in mind over the old system, even though in this demo it runs worse. They said it isn't optimized at all, we will see.

Yeah that is what I thought, but the demo runs worse for me as well. I know its early days into its introduction, not reading too much into the first demo, just wondered what can be expected down the line of if will be an improvement. Thanks

The question I have " Why can't we start on this new Exotic Moon right off the bat?" I really getting tired of start on Terran. It's been just about 2 year of start on Terran. What ever happened to the option in the config file to start on different planets.  (AllowInitialPlanetSelection=True) Why was the disable?

Why don't you guys turn it back on, it's the FINAL version of the Alpha anyway.

18 minutes ago, Mak-a-Face said:

The question I have " Why can't we start on this new Exotic Moon right off the bat?"

You do realize that exotic moon is separate, you have to select the pod next to tutorial.

45 minutes ago, UndeadDragonKnight said:

You do realize that exotic moon is separate, you have to select the pod next to tutorial.

You can't be SERIOUS?

So the final alpha is the PAX WEST version with a different suit.

Loaded the test moon game and my video card temp shot to 85!!! My RX580 was usually at 50C.  All graphic settings were medium.

How is this suppose to be a test when Terrain Tech Test Planet isn't even generated at own end, this is pre-generated! It's the same planet every time you start. On top of that, we're given 100000 bytes to start, why not just unlock everything? And talk about super rich deposits, just touching them and full.

11 hours ago, Mak-a-Face said:

You can't be SERIOUS?

So the final alpha is the PAX WEST version with a different suit.

The PAX West version was different, several features from there are not included in the update, they will save this for version 1.0.

Argh... do I spend $16 on a game I can't play, gambling that they'll produce a decent Linux version before my enthusiasm runs out, or do I wait and potentially pay nearly double?

Nice!  Very excited!  My favorite game by far!

Only thing I noticed about the new patch, and it could just be me, the wind seems a little more "visible".  When I am roaming, I zoom out to see as much of the landscape as possible.  It seems like the wind is a bit more visible than last time.  

Still, if by design, no worries!  LOVE THIS GAME!

Sup Joe and friends,

I've been here a while, ever since the subreddit had less than 1000 people in it, and only payno_attention and wyvyrias ever posted. I haven't played as much as most people, but this is still one of my favorite games. It's turned out great, and it's amazing that it'll be 1.0 soon! Keep doing what you do! I'll always come back to Space Vacuum Simulator ?

5 hours ago, fornax said:

Argh... do I spend $16 on a game I can't play, gambling that they'll produce a decent Linux version before my enthusiasm runs out, or do I wait and potentially pay nearly double?

Eh, just wait I'd say. First 2/6/19 is no guarantee. I'd bet nothing on the game being released that date. I'd bet a lot there will be 'issues' that will arise between now and 2/6/19 that postpone the launch. 

Second the release will be riddled with bugs. Every update has been thus far and I have no reason to believe terrain 2.0 is a magic bullet. So it will be months and months before bugs are worked out. By that time it will be summer and there will be a sale at some point which will bring the price back down into the teens again. 
Or just wait until black friday 2019 and get it half price then. 
Third, I would not pay a full price increase  for this game. No way, no how. If I did not already own the game I would highly consider buying the game in the future but there is no way in hell I'd pay $29.99 for it. They'd get my money but it would be on sale, not full (soon to be raised $10) price that's fer sure.