ssutcliffe

Suggestion to solve long space waiting time for planet align

It's annoying launching to space and being forced to wait 5-10 minutes for the  particular planet you want as your destination to align so you can actually jump to it. A suggestion for fixing that without changing the system is to create an item (telescope?) that when clicked on, would put up list of the planets.  Click on a planet, and a temporary countdown timer could come up that would show how long it will be until that planet comes into alignment. With that up, you could continue working on your base until the planets align and then launch. It makes little sense that an astroneer would have no idea of the planetary orbits from the ground, and end up wasting lots of time in orbit waiting for alignment to occur. 

That is an awesome idea. I have just run into this problem, but wanted a solution that didn't involve me trying Newtonian mechanics.

Surly the 'astroneer' would know when there is a launch window to another planet/moon. The "telescope" idea is perfect. You could always make it a bit more hi-tech by making it some sort of radar (just for looks).

I just wanted to throw some more weight behind this idea. I am just finishing about a 7 minutes wait to go to Exotic and I would have loved to work on my base for those 7 minutes rather than watch youtube.

Having also just had this issue I was going to suggest a more advanced lander that could do a transfer orbit (with associated fuel use). But a telescope would be nice instead/as well... :)