When exploring caverns and laying down teathers, i end up getting lost in a maxe tryig to get out.  It would be such a time saver if the teathers showed you which way the air was coming from.  This could be a blue arrow at the top pointing along the line towards the next.  That way when there’s a fork in the road, you can be absolutely certain which way is out.

attached is a super quick iphone rendition of it.

6A6BCF9A-BCF1-4E56-B10B-1F38C074FA72.jpeg

Ben here are some things I've done and seen others do to prevent getting lost in caves

Where you create the fork, use your augmentation tool to create an arrow in the wall, ceiling or floor which points you in the direction of home
Where you create the fork, use a tether or two or three on the ceiling rather than on the floor which will be an indicator of the way home (or if you put your tethers on the ceiling like I do then place a few on the floor)
Where you create the fork, use a beacon to point you in the direction of home
Where you create the fork, use resources to point to home
Where you create the fork, use research pods to point the way home
Where you create the fork, use tethers to form an arrow to point the direction out

Edited by The Touch of Grey Gamer

@Ben - a great idea. I get lost all the time...especially when you break through into parts you have already explored. Why not just use the same way you can get in/out of a maze - always place your tethers on the right.

tToGG has some perfect solutions. I have cut markings into walls, mountain sides, etc. The idea for a 'fork' is brilliant!

When you mention Beacons then you bring me to what I want: beacons that you can tag with text.