We could use a small rotating compass visible when we're driving a vehicle, rather than having to get out constantly to use the one on our character.  It could be just a small hemisphere compass in the bottom corner that can let us track our travel direction more closely while we're rolling

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 5:06 AM, KEVIN H said:

We could use a small rotating compass visible when we're driving a vehicle, rather than having to get out constantly to use the one on our character.  It could be just a small hemisphere compass in the bottom corner that can let us track our travel direction more closely while we're rolling

Even though it's pain at first, I've quite grown used to it and something about not having accurate means of navigation increases the overal challenge of the game, adding a bit of risk versus reward. 

The compass gives you a nice bearing but the further away you get from your base the more inaccurate it becomes to find your away back with just a compass bearing. 

When I go about exploring in a rover I navigate by the stars as means of getting my bearing. Bringing beacons to create a trail to follow also helps quite a lot, just make sure you drop them frequently so the remain visible over the horizon.

On 11/1/2018 at 1:16 PM, dr.phibes said:

The best idea I have read today! I have a pretty good sense of direction, but even I get lost (often). Why isn't there a GPS already?

GPS only work if there are multiple satellites in orbit, getting GPS eliminates the needs for beacons or the compass completely.
Not having accurate navigation kind of makes this game fun for me, meaning you have to come up with you own means of navigation and finding your way back home. May it be a very long trail of tether to follow, what I used with in caverns and tunnels underground or with your compass, the stars and beacons on the surface.

Same old story about minimap, waypoints, coords and here compass. It's so easy, put as much as the gamers wish into the game, make options/gameplay/compass yes/no etc. That's all.