technopeon

No real benefit to finding high byte count research items

When you find high byte count research items, the time to research them even with overflowing power is quite slow.  I think the higher research items should have higher research speed graphs.

I think that's the idea, While a larger one may take longer, it allows you to leave to search for more, or the resources to build whatever you may be trying to research with those bytes. If you take a look at the wiki or handbook there are some that are more optimal for bytes per minute but if you really want higher, just build more research stations and run more at once. That's the beauty of base building.

There are some sweet spot research items that yield a lot of bytes fairly quickly.  They have good research speed graphs. It is not all of the research items that suffer.  I've found some in the 7000's with graph lines all near the top.  There's a few that I think need to be adjusted, like the artificial research items.  Don't get me wrong, I love finding a artificial close to my LZ when starting a new game.  Feed the small generator!