TekRa

Superior Graphics Adjustment Options Needed

I Play Astroneer on my laptop and it's within the system specs limit as described on Steam.

For some reason, my game is still very framey/laggy, but playable (i am using the dedicated AMD graphics instead of onboard Intel stuff).
Specifically, On Exotic, the game lags so much that it's unplayable and i'm practically stuck there forever.

What I feel (very very strongly), is that you need to give us an IMPROVED & DETAILED GRAPHICS SETTINGS option in the Game Settings menu such that we are able to tune each and every aspect of the Graphics Settings (just like every other game out there).

This would be very much appreciated and I'm damn sure there are countless players who could benefit from this.

P.S.: Without this feature, I would be finally regretting my purchase of astroneer ???

10 hours ago, TekRa said:

I Play Astroneer on my laptop and it's within the system specs limit as described on Steam.

Unfortunately the minimum requirements state 'non mobile' graphics. 

Optimisations are coming, and additional support may be added after the game leaves Early Access. 

I'm not sure what additional settings you're looking to add that will solve the problem. Could you please suggest some? 

13 hours ago, Blind Io said:

Unfortunately the minimum requirements state 'non mobile' graphics. 

Still, I was able to play with it in Early Access. The only problem is that Once I go to Exotic, the Elements increase so much that game freezes, which is weird seeing never had any problems with Terran and Barren. I can double confirm this issue seeing that Arid had a bit of lag whenever the Spiky Balls were near (in arid the balls froze... not my game). Which in turns means that after a point the game has so many elements in it that something or the other causes lag.

Can't check further planets as..... stuck!

13 hours ago, Blind Io said:

I'm not sure what additional settings you're looking to add that will solve the problem. Could you please suggest some? 

The Usuals that you have in every game these days.

In Astroneer it's all simplified and an "ADVANCED" option would contain the following parameters:

1. Resolution (Already in-game but just putting it out there)
  2. Anti-Aliasing (FXAA definitely needs to be there!)
  3. Shadow Quality
  4. Texture Quality
  5. Anisotropic Filtering
  6. Tessellation (would reduce Polygon Quality)
  7. Particle Effects (can reduce the quality of sand-storm)
  8. Ambient Occlusion (i am not sure if Astroneer utilizes this)
  9. View Distance and Field of View (might not be able to implement this seeing that "limiting this parameter" resolved most of the terrain and rover bugs earlier this year)
  10. Refresh Rate and VSync (not a must but can have it)

Feel free to add or Append points.

I really think that these settings would enable me to game painlessly on my Laptop in the Future.

Edited by TekRa
Needed to update a sentence.