Steam - Thrown through the air and through the terrain

[SG]Chis-Topher

This happened twice while I was playing yesterday. I was walking through a cave on Barren, not very deep at all. Barely even entered, and when I stepped inbetween the Ammonium and the cave wall which were fairly close together I was thrown up to the surface. I believe this could be one of a few reasons. 1)When I jumped into that spot, I was bouncing back and forth between  them very fast and then maybe because I pushed a button or I has moved enough, All of the force was exerted at once. 2)The game thought I was stuck beyond the point of my control so it tried to push me out, but as I was free I was sent far to high. 3)It might have been a simple rubber banding lag issue where I thought I was in the cave but then the game brought me back to the surface as it was catching up.

For the first two reasons my explanation for going through the terrain instead of just being launched is that maybe if I am moving at a certain velocity without a vehicle the terrain isn't able to calculate collisions in time so I simply go right through them.

this has happened to me multiple times on Barren as well. Once i was launched from a very deep cave to the surface while mining Astronium, the second time I was just running across a flat area on the surface and was launched so high into the air i died, literally a good couple hundred feet as it took me awhile to actually fall back and hit the ground. It has also occurred to me multiple times where i will randomly jump a few ft to high enough that i take damage.