Cory Thomson

Game failing to save

I started a new Xbox one game because my previous game failed to save three days in a row costing me aprox 6 hrs of playing. Now I get to arid planet and save and exit and the game is still at the previous days save. Tried three times and no change. Every time I save and exit it reverts to the save from three days ago. 

Ditto here, hours of game with nowhere to go. Its nearly a week now and nochange no matter what you do to save the game it reverts back to that 'groundhog day' save. 

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh.

Ditto here, hours of game with nowhere to go. Its nearly a week now and nochange no matter what you do to save the game it reverts back to that 'groundhog day' save. 

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh.

This is unfortunately a long running issue. 

Apparently it has some link to Microsoft profile statuses and/or 'instant on' 

Sometimes a full shutdown of the console via the settings menu will fix the problem.

I lost roughly 40 minutes of time spent on Exotic the other day. That really sucked because I’d gone off-Terran the first time that save to get mats, and I found stuff I was going to take back to home base. Hematite, wolframite and sphalerite, also some lithium. I was using my small shuttle seat as well as a salvaged seat to make saves about every 5-10 minutes (plus hiding from storms, geez they’re way too frequent on Exotic) thought I’d be covered. I play Xbox One and I know from experience the game is very prone to crashing once leaving Terran and trying to play on other worlds (even in just single player). When the game finally did crash (because it always does, never had it keep going long on another planet at another base) when I got the game going again I’d lost about 40 minutes and lots of progress.

I know this problem has been reported many times before, but it’s the first time I can say definitively it’s happened to me. I will say I’ve noticed Microsoft has been having a lot of issues lately, especially with online status. I normally appear offline so I don’t get inundated with game invite requests, but sometimes if I stream or something I need to change my status back to online. Recently when I try to do so, the Xbox refuses to acknowledge the change in stasus, saying “online status unknown” and reverts to showing me offline. Could be coincidence, and I’m not sure exactly if this issue was occurring at the same time I lost progress from game not saving, but thought it worth mentioning. Online status seems a little bit weird still, but most of the time it changes like it should now. There are still some ongoing issues on other parts of the platform (some technical issues with clubs for example) so who knows what all could be causing this? I frequently restart my Xbox (which also clears the system cache). It’s the best I can do to help the system work better. 

meme probleme de sauvegarde qui n est pas recent car il y a queque moi il fesais la meme chose , a ce jour pard cirriger et encord plus de crash a repetition . t a t il une solution merci d avence

I have figured out what causes this problem, by entering a vehicle or the hud base it triggers a auto save but if you are in the car or hud and save and exit it creates a conflict error which causes it to fail to save. I erased my problem worlds and started a new one and I have not entered the hud once and if I need to save I do so on the ground, so far a week or so and no problems. Hope this helps. 

I have been having this problem for at least a month. I abandoned several games and started over. Each time I play for a week or so and all of a sudden, I save (it doesn't matter where, ie, base, shuttle, rover) and when I come back I am at a previous save. I have lost 50 hours of work at minimum. I love astroneer and restart a new game, but I am getting tired of this. I am using XBox one version. I hope a solution is found.