Dear Astroneer developers,

What about the Centre of the Planet?

I mean what will happen when I will reach the centre of the planet?

I tried hard to reach it but it seems that I cannot pass through it, and I have to be back from where I come... Have you put some barrier to avoid the possibility to move to the other side?

As I attached as pictures, e.g. the Astronaut fall down in the empty space, and he can comes from every side 360°, then what is going on when reached the Centre of the Planet (A)? starts to rolling without ending? (B)

I am not a physic of course, but should be nice to make something about like...don't know....funny stuff?...

Thank you

Tommaso

20181012_084917.jpg

20181012_084933.jpg

20181012_084939.jpg

Edited by ♫ [Alpha]Sutterkane♫

People have been to the core. It's quite a long way to dig down! There's no gravity so you float! 

The vlog shows that the new planets might have hollow cores so who knows what will be down three! 

Edited by Blind Io

8 hours ago, Blind Io said:

People have been to the core. It's quite a long way to dig down! There's no gravity so you float! 

The vlog shows that the new planets might have hollow cores so who knows what will be down three! 

So I’ve been thinking about the zero G in the center of the planet and I realized it doesn’t make sense.

According to the laws of gravity the more mass something has the more gravitational effect it has. So when you dig to the center of the planet all of the mass that makes the earths gravity is above you now so basically half way threw the planet there should be 0 g (becuase there’s equal force pulling you to the core and to the surface) and at the core your basically up side down allowing devs to have a lot of fun with a hollow core like an entire underground world type of fun

6 hours ago, Rebelord said:

So I’ve been thinking about the zero G in the center of the planet and I realized it doesn’t make sense.

According to the laws of gravity the more mass something has the more gravitational effect it has. So when you dig to the center of the planet all of the mass that makes the earths gravity is above you now so basically half way threw the planet there should be 0 g (becuase there’s equal force pulling you to the core and to the surface) and at the core your basically up side down allowing devs to have a lot of fun with a hollow core like an entire underground world type of fun

Except you're in a sphere, so the principle is that when you're at the center, the mass is all around you, so gravity is pulling you evenly in all directions. 

If you're digging a tunnel to the core, there will always be more mass in front of you until you reach the core. 

On 10/12/2018 at 5:54 PM, Blind Io said:

Except you're in a sphere, so the principle is that when you're at the center, the mass is all around you, so gravity is pulling you evenly in all directions. 

If you're digging a tunnel to the core, there will always be more mass in front of you until you reach the core. 

Okay so I understand 0 g in core now, but when digging a tunnel to the core there would be less mass in front of you and more mass behind you as you dig slowly weakening gravity until you reach the core.

44 minutes ago, Rebelord said:

Okay so I understand 0 g in core now, but when digging a tunnel to the core there would be less mass in front of you and more mass behind you as you dig slowly weakening gravity until you reach the core.

When you're on one side of the core, there's the remaining mass of the planet on the other side of the core. 

12 hours ago, Blind Io said:

When you're on one side of the core, there's the remaining mass of the planet on the other side of the core. 

Yes but as you digging threw there’s less mass in front of you and more behind you which would also be affecting you So as you get closer to the core more mass would be behind you which is pulling at you as well as the mass in front of you so as you approach the core gravity slowly weakens until finally 0g in the core

also can someone please lock this thread or something we are way off topic