SES_joe

SES Vlog 032 - Half Of A Planet, New Minerals, The Goonies

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Blind Io said:

Bring it on! But when ?

To clarify, the update will contain a new terrain 2.0 moon or moons, leaving existing planets as they are. 

It's a fair certainty that the update to be skipped is the October, leaving one in November. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the sound of what adam was saying, it sounds like they remade all the planets in t2, then just named them the same.  But due to some resources not expected to be ready in time, it's likely we'll only see the moon in t2 until release, as I expect that's the only currently more or less complete t2 area there is.  So I don't expect they'll be trying to remake current into t2 but actually completely rebuilding new planets in the t2 system, which sounds like alot of algorithim use, he talks about using "noise" alot, to generate new biomes, surface mass, caverns etc.  It almost certainly requires a completely new world to be created.  Then likely renamed to original names? Terran, Arid, Exotic, Radiated and Barren.. Oh and Tundra.. and maybe some new ones.. We could still have Desert, Swamp.. etc in the future.. Gasous planets.. full of swirly visual hazards..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the admission that they were working on two separate games, this pretty much confirms that most of our savegames a lot of us have kept will end up in the recycle bin. Oh well, easy come, easy go. :|

As for the last early access update, we won't need to report any bugs because they won't be relevant to the final game but I'm guessing they will still need feedback on the terrain 2.0 moons.

Well I know where I'll be spending most of my time until the final release 1.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

I want to buy one of the boxes! Where to get?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martin said:

From the sound of what adam was saying, it sounds like they remade all the planets in t2, then just named them the same.  But due to some resources not expected to be ready in time, it's likely we'll only see the moon in t2 until release, as I expect that's the only currently more or less complete t2 area there is.  So I don't expect they'll be trying to remake current into t2 but actually completely rebuilding new planets in the t2 system, which sounds like alot of algorithim use, he talks about using "noise" alot, to generate new biomes, surface mass, caverns etc.  It almost certainly requires a completely new world to be created.  Then likely renamed to original names? Terran, Arid, Exotic, Radiated and Barren.. Oh and Tundra.. and maybe some new ones.. We could still have Desert, Swamp.. etc in the future.. Gasous planets.. full of swirly visual hazards..

All that should have been done months ago if they planned to release the game in December. Now they're scrambling to meet the deadline. We were supposed to get T2.0 last month, but got delayed because it wan't ready. I don't know, that December date seems a bit unrealistic to me if they want to make sure that what they release is relatively playable. Rushing out content for the sake of keeping a deadline may end up biting them in the butt...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeh always makes me wonder when I see companies jumping into events like pax etc to "promote" the game, when it's so close to release.. instead of actually working on the game.   Seen this with a few other game titles that on release were severely content late.   I'd think, make game, release game, then promote game whilst adding content would be a better way to go.

NMS was the same, bioware, blizzard etc.. all the same, like money talks more than actual work.  Yet we have sayings like 'Action speaks louder then Words'.   But they always keep on talkin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Martin said:

From the sound of what adam was saying, it sounds like they remade all the planets in t2, then just named them the same.  But due to some resources not expected to be ready in time, it's likely we'll only see the moon in t2 until release, as I expect that's the only currently more or less complete t2 area there is.  So I don't expect they'll be trying to remake current into t2 but actually completely rebuilding new planets in the t2 system, which sounds like alot of algorithim use, he talks about using "noise" alot, to generate new biomes, surface mass, caverns etc.  It almost certainly requires a completely new world to be created.  Then likely renamed to original names? Terran, Arid, Exotic, Radiated and Barren.. Oh and Tundra.. and maybe some new ones.. We could still have Desert, Swamp.. etc in the future.. Gasous planets.. full of swirly visual hazards..

 

 

At PAX they said all current planets will be converted to Terrain 2.0 and I doubt we will have Terrain 1.0 planets in Astroneer 1.0 because of the performance benefits from the new terrain. It would be crazy if they only have 1 planet based on Terrain 2.0 after the long work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To restate;

The final EA update will likely be in November. 

All current planets will be the same, but there will be at least one moon added which is built with Terrain 2.0. 

Planets are being rebuilt in t2.0 along the same collection of biomes, to replace the current planets at the 1.0 release. 

Saves will 100% not be supported in the changeover to 1.0.

As for progress, there's little to no info either way so why bother guessing? It looks like they're at the stage of tweaking the environments of each planet, it's a fair expectation that the newly rebuilt planets exist in some form already ready to be deployed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

November? They should aim for early November if this is the case because otherwise the last Early Access update would be rather pointless so close to the Astroneer 1.0 release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mikk said:

 

 

At PAX they said all current planets will be converted to Terrain 2.0 and I doubt we will have Terrain 1.0 planets in Astroneer 1.0 because of the performance benefits from the new terrain. It would be crazy if they only have 1 planet based on Terrain 2.0 after the long work. 

That's exactly what i said isn't it?

Nov patch, the last patch will have only 1 T2 planet.  Release will have all. Once all the system resources are in place.

Edited by Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Blind Io said:

As for progress, there's little to no info either way so why bother guessing?

Why not? Guessing is like hype.. it can go either way and it'd be cool if I guessed right.

Dunno why people keep going on about the saves.  Like my Diablo saves don't work in Civ.. The release version of Astroneer will be completely different game to current versions. So obviously saves cannot work.

Edited by Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quero mais eventos climáticos ,eventos naturais, vulcão, chuva ácida , coloquem npcs nas bases. 

 

Câmera  em primeira pessoa .

Esse jogo tem um ótimo futuro .?

por favor ,bote um sistema de alimento do personagem ,fome,sede.

Eu jogo no Xbox nome ,por favor melhorem a imagem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was excited to hear that Linux support is on the roadmap. Has a decision been made on whether it will be included in the last Early Access update mentioned in the video? Looking forward to playing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect they are touching up the last update asap for us then Grinding to the 1.0 release. I would expect a bunch of patch releases after 1.0 as I seriously doubt it will be bug-free. like there is such a thing as bug-free anymore. Looking forward like ever else to T2.0

 

 

 

Edited by GraShropp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We know the last update will be dropped in November, but my question is, and probably I may have lost some vlogs to ask.. There is an approximate date for the 1.0 to come out? ?

I kinda "finished" the actual version with a friend in like 35 hours, so I literally can't wait for it hahaha ♥ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 11:40 AM, Phob00 said:

We know the last update will be dropped in November, but my question is, and probably I may have lost some vlogs to ask.. There is an approximate date for the 1.0 to come out? ?

I kinda "finished" the actual version with a friend in like 35 hours, so I literally can't wait for it hahaha ♥ 

December. No specific date yet, but the anniversary of the first release is the 16th so near then might be a good bet! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 8:25 AM, Martin said:

Nov patch, the last patch will have only 1 T2 planet.  Release will have all. Once all the system resources are in place.

I would think the final EA patch will leave the planets themselves alone with T2.0 coming with release. Most likely Nov. patch may contain a new tech to alter play a little, maybe a few of the QoL updates discussed from Joe's topic, Seen here, and just some general bug fixes getting us ready for 1.0 release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There seems to be a pervading opinion that we're expecting to see the "moon" released for pax in the last patch.  I haven't seen any specific mention but I don't watch discord 24/7 or send a dozen private msgs to devs to try to improve my apparent community standing.  So I honestly don't know what we'll get, tbh.. I'm carefree.. happy with whatever turns up.  And willing to wait until release 1.0 for everything that comes out then as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now