TehFluffyDuck

Terrain Loading Bug

Keyboard/Mouse       Steam

I was playing Astroneer and a friend wanted to join but couldn't connect. So I quit to the main menu and loaded my save and he was able to join. I went out on a resin hunting trip to make storage and I found a bridge I had made earlier for my rover to cross a cavern. But i looked at the cavern bridge to see most of it was gone and could see through the world but thought that the bridge was deleted from the cavern reloading. Sadly I was wrong as I had gone into a cave under my home to mine some ores for thrusters only to see the side of the tunnel down was pushed back a bit and once again could see through the world a bit. I decided to just cover it up and hope nothing else was bugged. As I follow my tether trail to where we mine I saw a HUGE glitched area. The link is to a video of me showing it off.     

( Later ) I fell through one of the gaps only to be pushed through into the cave again yet I thought I was a goner. After the video I went to find several more small patches of glitch spots and re-logging didn't fix the issue. So now a small bit of Terran is impossible to safely use rovers in and the only way to make it safe is to manually fill it all in. I hope no one else has had this happen to them and I hope that my entire world isn't corrupted.

9 hours ago, 64BitSean said:

Having the same problem any luck on a solution yet?

See my response in your thread;

On 10/10/2018 at 11:35 AM, 64BitSean said:

Having the same problem any luck on a solution yet?

No I have not. In the massive cave under my terran base there are so many glitched areas that my friend and I decided to move to radiated so that we don't have to fix all of the bugged spots.

But if you do PLEASE let me know because I didn't want to leave terran but felt pressured to do so.