The Bionic Cyclist

Monolith creation tool

Like the other tool mods, only this one only creates perfect right angles. I watch Z1 Gaming a fair bit and emulate some of his ideas and the biggest problem is always creating perfectly flat walls, floors and ceilings.

The problem here (a more programming problem) is that the planet is a circle so while your platform may seem straight in one place in another its gonna seem like its at a angle. You can see this in action when you use the perfectly straight area under the HAB and continue to use the flatten tool in one direction its weird but true

On 10/8/2018 at 4:30 PM, Rebelord said:

The problem here (a more programming problem) is that the planet is a circle so while your platform may seem straight in one place in another its gonna seem like its at a angle. You can see this in action when you use the perfectly straight area under the HAB and continue to use the flatten tool in one direction its weird but true

I can see the issue, and I can already see people turning planets into cubes :)

It would make life easier creating a nice flat even surface instead if spending an age looking / making for the flat spot to start from.

I thought of a solution

okay so basically at the exact center of the planet there’s would a spec that you cant interact with but is important for code

basically when using the flatten tool a vertical line is drawn from the spec to where your terrain tool is pointing and then a 90 angle is constantly being calculated where the terrain tool and line from the spec intersect and its constantly up dating every tick to a 90 angle and while its unnoticeable that your platform is curved due to how far away your are (same reason the earth looks flat) yet you cant turn the world into a cube