Josh Follings

game now impossible to do anything

while playing, i got to the point where i needed tungsten, so i went to find some. NO WRECK HAD ANY! and with no console and the updated crafting requirement for the trade platform, i'm screwed. anyone have any ideas

yes everything changed, each time it is more difficult to play, but before it was all too easy.
when you start a new game you have to have the notion that to continue to evolve in the game you will need tungsten and iron to make the chemistry lab.
to get these 2 minerals you have to unlock the small ship and the solid fuel. After that, my advice is tundra planet, you have iron, tungsten among other minerals that you will need more later.
when you leave, it takes at least 2 solid fuels, since each solid fuel is only used once, that is, you can only make one outbound trip.
then you will need to do the atmospheric condessor, on the initial planet you only get 2 or 3 gases that you will need to make other minerals.
on other planets you have these gases you need, on the planet with radiation you have the 3 gases that are missing.
After unlocking the small ship, you can think of unlocking the big one or focusing on the big cars, but the good thing is the big ship because you will not need to use solid fuel anymore

when you go on the 1st trip to the planet tundra, take the cords and go with an empty backpack and empty weapon, to be able to bring the maximum resources in one trip (4 irons, 4 tungsten and 3 black minerals).

the planet tundra is good because it has lithium, astronium (only serves to search the 5000pts of research) among other minerals and all on the surface of the planet. good luck

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Josh Follings said:

while playing, i got to the point where i needed tungsten, so i went to find some. NO WRECK HAD ANY! and with no console and the updated crafting requirement for the trade platform, i'm screwed. anyone have any ideas

1. Unlock and build small shuttle and two solid fuel thrusters.
  2. Fly to Barren.
  3. Explore caves for wolframite.
  4. Return to Terran.

If you need iron, repeat steps 1-4 but substitute Barren for Tundra, caves for surface, and wolframite for hematite...

Or, go straight to Tundra and you'll find both on the surface...

Edited by vvhorus

Someone posted this in Discord

I generally set up a starter base, just in case. Here's how I pack:

1. Canister

2. Thruster

3. Beacon

4. Medium B Platform

5. Small Printer

6. Medium Storage

7. A small/tier 1 power source

8. Medium Printer

9, 10, 11, 12. Resin

13. Compound

Push button on the pad thing.

Inflate boxes

Place medium fabricator on small table.

Build up base, grab a table with some medium storages down into cave, get ammonia and magnesium ore.  Smelt ore, combine to make rockets.

Viola.. Goto planet with iron or tungsten and pick it up..

You can find iron and tungsten in wrecks, but it's fairly random.

You should use the trader to bolster your resource income, not be the sole creator of it.  Esp since it only trades scrap, so you'll need to get the shredder running first anyway.

@Titico777 - I love your list. I wish I had seen this a few days ago when I attempted my first 'away mission' to Arid. Guess what dickhead forgot to take a spare engine for the return journey...

p.s., oh, and I forgot something to power the printer!

Edited by dr.phibes

2 hours ago, dr.phibes said:

@Titico777 - I love your list. I wish I had seen this a few days ago when I attempted my first 'away mission' to Arid. Guess what dickhead forgot to take a spare engine for the return journey...

p.s., oh, and I forgot something to power the printer!

I did that landing on Barren. Had to dig to a cavern to get resources. Good news is you can get off planet again and it is a fun challenge to do it.  But I managed to power a small generator I made with organic found until I was able to build a smelter and smelt some malachite. That was quite the challenge to get back to Terran but very fun.

All that I found was things that killed me! I have set-up a small base, but it takes some doing...

On 11/1/2018 at 5:38 AM, dr.phibes said:

All that I found was things that killed me! I have set-up a small base, but it takes some doing...

Kill you?? Slow down a bit then. Truly, there's nothing in this game that'll kill you. I haven't died in about a year. Everything is really easy to spot and avoidable/killable.

OK, I GIVE UP!

Having returned to the game after a few months away I thought I'd brush up on things and play the tutorial again. Well, I gave up after getting so ********* frustrated with an UNPLAYABLE tutorial.

Things are so damn complicated I gave up with trying to research things with a research machine with a MISSING BUTTON and ENDLESS messages telling me to print pointless canisters to fill with dirt to print a ramp that CANNOT BE PRINTED because I CANNOT RESEARCH a ramp, not to mention the fact that I kept dying the moment I left the landing pod and suffocated before I'd even had a chance to do ANYTHING.

I thought the developers would at least consider that not everyone plays the game every day and create a useful tutorial that could be followed logically.

WHY?........WHY do the basics of SIMPLE instructions get ignored in favour of more and more "stuff" that will never get to be seen or used If I cannot even get past the first hurdle? C'mon peeps, this just hasn't been thought through. I am not a moron but you make me feel like one and playing this bad tutorial has just made me angry. Thanks.

Help would be gratefully recieved so I can enjoy the game again......or not.

Yeh the tutorial is kinda broken.  Just play the game.  Learn as you go, ask us questions if you have any.

@Wary Explorer - I find that making a complete tool of oneself, every now-and-again, is good for the spirit. Remember, just now-and-again.