alexiiviv

The sad truth about the game.

I want to play game ASTRONEER but I don't want to,
The game has very little blocks.
You Take example from Minecraft 1.7.10 + mods =  IC2+BC+Forestry+GC  e.t.c.

The concrete base (Foundation) in ASTRONEER  Games cool.
But the game ASTRONEER sucks.

On the game should be a lot more work.

This isn't truth, this is your opinion.
While they're thinking of making something like "building blocks", essentially it's irrelevant for Astroneer: It's not Minecraft.
Terraforming is an integral part of the game, just like building and destroying blocks is in Minecraft. Technically both mechanics are the same anyway, but it's MUCH rougher in Minecraft, while  Astroneer is doing more fine tuned voxel deforming.

Alex made this account and this very first post to send a message: he loves the game and he wants more of it. We all want the same.

Instead of "truth" the word "reality" fits better. This is how most Early Access games are now. We pay early and we need a lot of patience.

Minecraft was in a similar state many years ago but it has an important advantage over other games: the water influences everything: in recipes, in farms, mob farms, transportation, as ice... and it was reverse engineered to allow mods.

On 10/3/2018 at 4:40 PM, Wyvyrias said:

This isn't truth, this is your opinion.
While they're thinking of making something like "building blocks", essentially it's irrelevant for Astroneer: It's not Minecraft.
Terraforming is an integral part of the game, just like building and destroying blocks is in Minecraft. Technically both mechanics are the same anyway, but it's MUCH rougher in Minecraft, while  Astroneer is doing more fine tuned voxel deforming.

It's his truth, all opinons are our own truths.  It isn't your truth or maybe mine, but it is his. 

1 hour ago, Martin said:

It's his truth, all opinons are our own truths.  It isn't your truth or maybe mine, but it is his. 

This would be true if the title would have been "My sad truth about the game", not "The sad truth about the game."

20 minutes ago, Wyvyrias said:

This would be true if the title would have been "My sad truth about the game", not "The sad truth about the game."

Indeed. People use the title of the threads in a misleading way, to make people click and read. Just like news site do.

Another practice is to start a sentence and use the "..."

Create drama, fight for attention, spam... these are the communication techniques of our "modern" era.

This might be the reason of so many wrecks me and my friend Shredder find on the planet. ?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

Well, if you just assume that every statement everyone ever makes is their opinion, you'll find life is alot easier.  How a non english natural speaker writes something doesn't really reflect the core context of what he was trying to get across.

What's more I think everyone would agree, that the game does actually need alot more content.. so my opinion, is that he is actually entirely correct, that "the" sad truth is, that with the current content, it does kinda suck.

Edited by Martin

4 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

I do agree that the game needs a lot more content. A lot more. A lot. Oh please give me something that even remotely resembles a story. 

no-one would disagree that the game needs more than what it currently is to be a viable property in the current games marketplace. it's a great basis, but it's not yet a great game.

dont confuse story with background. stories are linear, and they have their place in the game world, but i fear trying to shove the Astroneer experience into a linear 'campaign' would lessen it. background is vital; a sense of place, of time and history, of mysteries to be discovered, of peoples and beings both living and long dead, all of this could really make being in the Astroneer universe so much more worthwhile. and don't forget that choice is really important in games.

perhaps it would be more accurate to cry, 'Oh please give me something that even remotely resembles a world of stories.' i know that's what i'm hoping for.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

A lot.

A whole lot, like "Ermahgerd"... ?

What irks me is that at only two short months of supposed release, the devs are planning on holding untested surprise content for then. Bless their tenacity...

Edited by vvhorus

That's ok, I'm sure on release they'll be happy to see us all pile into the discord channel to report the 1001 new bugs they've added because they wanted to surprise us. :D

On 10/5/2018 at 12:46 PM, Martin said:

That's ok, I'm sure on release they'll be happy to see us all pile into the discord channel to report the 1001 new bugs they've added because they wanted to surprise us. :D

i seriously doubt they're so delusional that they think 1.0 will be an "ok we're done here" ultra-stable release. i have a feeling they're merely calling it 'released' so that they can 1) get it on playstation already, and 2) escape the trap of survival games that stay 'early access' for a decade (and nobody ever catches the game's particular fever to give commentary that fuels further content and bug fixes... having a playerbase of only hundreds seriously reduces the sounding board the devs have to work with). the PR may take a hit, but the influx of players who're just waiting for 1.0 before they touch the game should give a much broader range of crap going wrong... meaning the devs can actually fix bugs/gameplay because there's a much smaller chance of them being isolated incidents or one small faction's preference.

i can't count how many things i've seen on here that i simply couldn't get on board with if they were put into the game... likewise for things i'd like to see as well. maybe as the numbers swell, the devs will be able to get a clearer picture of "this feature is wanted", because there's more than just a half dozen people sitting in an echo chamber agreeing with each other all day.

On 10/8/2018 at 7:05 AM, 101101110111 said:

meaning the devs can actually fix bugs/gameplay because there's a much smaller chance of them being isolated incidents or one small faction's preference.

i can't count how many things i've seen on here that i simply couldn't get on board with if they were put into the game... likewise for things i'd like to see as well. maybe as the numbers swell, the devs will be able to get a clearer picture of "this feature is wanted", because there's more than just a half dozen people sitting in an echo chamber agreeing with each other all day.

They have sold over 1 million copies already. It was announced months ago. Not so sure your points (that I highlighted) are going to make as much of an impact as you seem to think. 

9 minutes ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

They have sold over 1 million copies already. It was announced months ago. Not so sure your points (that I highlighted) are going to make as much of an impact as you seem to think. 

"sales" don't equal "players". seen plenty of people on the forums saying they're hanging it up until 1.0, or at least terrain 2.0. i'm somewhat one of those players as well; i'll put in a couple days after an update to see the new stuff and do a little bug hunting, but knowing next update will most likely break my save keeps me from putting in real time. don't get me wrong, i love the game and get obsessive about it the first weekend after an update... but i have a hard time investing MUCH time building and exploring when it'll be gone in a month. there's a good chance a good deal of those million sales have the same issue, and aren't *really* putting in enough time yet to come up with suggestions or bug reports (some of the most common problems reported atm -- saves breaking, multiplayer -- are ones already confirmed to be solved at or around 1.0 release, so it's not really worth calling them reports or suggestions). if the forums don't explode with activity after 1.0 brings in players actually investing hours in the game, i'll come back and eat my words

On the one hand I kinda like the idea of devs holding back on content, on the other I remember other games, that dumped huge amounts of content in at release and essentially broke their own game, chasing off like 60-70% of the playbase, half of which never returned.   All because they didn't want the content spoiled by well.. people spoiling it.  So I understand why it'd be done, we all like surprises, but I'd rather see the content within the ea, so we can at least id any serious bugs and see them fixed before actual release.

Than see the game release in such a way that just results in thousands of really bad reviews.  Which may or may not recover over the years to come.

On 10/2/2018 at 11:57 PM, alexiiviv said:

Have you actually tried to build anything? A base for example? Use the Wide and Narrow tools. Build a multi-layered base with ramps, lights and power on the roof. Add a large garage for vehicles. Don't forget to gather colours from the various planets so your base isn't just grey.

The current building system isn't as detailed with "blocks" like Minecraft, but then again, the purpose of this game is more about exploring than building pretty houses. I agree, more building tools would be fun but overall I personally don't expect this game to be like Minecraft.

i'm seeing this strange tension a lot in the early access community for this game; builders want to build, explorers want to explore. i think Astroneer can be both.

the move to mobile, position-able platforms was a big step in this direction, and i think we will see more construct-able components in the 1.0 game. i believe the builders will have plenty for them to be happy with.

me, i'm an explorer. i am looking forward to there being more great discoveries, more strange mysteries, more wonders to encounter. i'm sure the game will deliver these in the long run also.

but lets not forget; to be able to build, you need to make discoveries, find stuff. you need to explore. and to be able to explore, you need equipment, transport, tools. you need to build stuff.

see? plenty for everyone.

You're high on hopes Bron and low on facts. I hope you are correct however I've seen no evidence of what you 'believe' to be coming in the game....
"I think Astroneer can be both" however is it? Am I really exploring if I have to be tethered? How can I explore if it is virtually impossible to get lost, ever? It is an oxymoron at best.
"I think we will see more construct-able components" I've not seen any of this. I like you hope we get them however I've not seen any and the last couple (shredder) I don't build or use unless forced to. So if I'm given more things like the shredder then do I really want them? 
"I believe builders will have plenty for them to be happy with" again, you are hoping I've seen no proof
I like you are looking forward to more great discoveries, however we've not seen many thus far
I like you are looking forward to more strange mysteries, or how about just one?
I like you are looking forward to more wonders to encounter, however the only one I've seen thus far is a plant that I can bounce off of? Um, it is ok, I guess. Nothing I'm going to be spending hours upon hours doing although I can imagine I will bounce off a plant or two a couple of times to see what it is like then just run by them like any other plant for the next 800+ hours of play. 
"I'm sure the game will deliver these in the long run" Again, wishful thinking not facts and the term 'the long run' please don't encourage them to take more time. It took more than a year just to get the steering on the vehicles to somewhat work as designed. IMHO, it takes far too long now for anything; bug fixes, steering, falling through the ground, lag, MP etc. kinda really long wait periods. Really long. 

I'm not arguing with you, I hope you are correct on each and every prediction however we receive little to no information here which leaves us with only hopes and dreams are all we have at the moment

On 10/2/2018 at 9:57 AM, alexiiviv said:

HEY this form is for improvements not direct insults if you have a problem say what it is in specific and it could be fixed