notarobot347

For when we have fauna; Some Kind of Dirt Launcher?

I was thinking about when we would eventually have fauna and probably need some means of defense against them; having a normal gun would be boring and probably hard to factor in to the game, since the astroneer is carrying the terrain tool around all the time. What if we had an augment for the terrain tool that allowed you to use dirt from canisters to fire a rock, spike, or cannonball of some kind? This is for the far future, by the way; we don't have fauna yet, so it would be pretty useless right now.

That's a gun.  That is the exact definition of a gun.

gun
ɡən/
noun

1. 1.
    a weapon incorporating a metal tube from which bullets, shells, or other missiles are propelled by explosive force, typically making a characteristic loud, sharp noise.

On 9/28/2018 at 11:08 PM, TehSmoo said:

That's a gun.  That is the exact definition of a gun.

Well, yes, I understand, but it's not a separate gun from the terrain tool. My idea is mainly for not having to implement switching between the terrain tool and a weapon. If we even need a weapon, like Blind Io mentions.

20 hours ago, notarobot347 said:

Well, yes, I understand, but it's not a separate gun from the terrain tool. My idea is mainly for not having to implement switching between the terrain tool and a weapon. If we even need a weapon, like Blind Io mentions.

Asking for guns in the game will instantly get your thread locked

Why is this thread not locked?