EstebanLB01

Toggleable Oxygen Filters and Power Cells

Recommended Posts

Those two widgets are not very efficient nor smart on their automatic function. Most of the time they are in your backpack or a vehicle in the case of the Power Cells, they are wasting the resource. So, instead of poping them out, carrying them by hand, putting in the ground or disconnected storage (a real hassle), why don't we just turn them on and off like the Generators? Holding the Use key should be a simple way to control them without interfer with the rest of the controls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a good idea but that's why they're not that op, if you put that it would be more op than a oxygen tank or maybe a portable oxygenator (in case of the oxygen), also, if you're getting oxygen from another part you will not use the filters (same with energy).

The filters and batteries works regenerating your oxygen/energy, not giving an extra oxygen/energy space (like the oxygen tanks)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1

At least the power cell do have an automatic feature. sort of. In essence it functions like a battery, not wasting its charge when there is absolutely no power drain.

Oxygen filters on the other hand, will just push out what oxygen they have as long as you have them equipped. It is a time limited infinite oxygen supply, rather than a finite amount of total oxygen. If this was changed to only supply oxygen when it was in demand, and then slow down, or stop, when you tank(s) were full, this would go a long way.

Pretty sure it boils down to the way power and oxygen systems differ. Oxygen has just on/off. There is nothing in between.

An on/off toggle for both items might be the easier solution, especially in the case of filters. And would further increase versatility of both.

Edited by Hermann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2019 at 3:19 AM, Cosk said:

It's a good idea but that's why they're not that op, if you put that it would be more op than a oxygen tank or maybe a portable oxygenator (in case of the oxygen), also, if you're getting oxygen from another part you will not use the filters (same with energy).

The filters and batteries works regenerating your oxygen/energy, not giving an extra oxygen/energy space (like the oxygen tanks)

There is another topic with the same suggestion explaining why they waste resource because ther "automatic" function is broken

On 2/21/2019 at 11:45 AM, Hermann said:

+1

At least the power cell do have an automatic feature. sort of. In essence it functions like a battery, not wasting its charge when there is absolutely no power drain.

Oxygen filters on the other hand, will just push out what oxygen they have as long as you have them equipped. It is a time limited infinite oxygen supply, rather than a finite amount of total oxygen. If this was changed to only supply oxygen when it was in demand, and then slow down, or stop, when you tank(s) were full, this would go a long way.

Pretty sure it boils down to the way power and oxygen systems differ. Oxygen has just on/off. There is nothing in between.

An on/off toggle for both items might be the easier solution, especially in the case of filters. And would further increase versatility of both.

Exatly, but Power Cells do waste resource too, if you have them connected to a base that already has power, they are used nonetheless giving the corresponding throughput each

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EstebanLB01 said:

Exatly, but Power Cells do waste resource too, if you have them connected to a base that already has power, they are used nonetheless giving the corresponding throughput each

Depends how you define waste. Would you rather the cells just stayed in storage for whenever you take them down a cave or such, then sure. It can be wasted on a connected platform. But this "waste" only happens if any and all power demands on the network are not fully met. If power demand subsides to the point where other power sources can handle the load , the power cells will stop supplying power. Just like a battery. Difference is, the power cells will not recharge, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now