robalexwalter

XBOX ONE Not Saving

Bought this for Xbox One, love the game, but a bug prevents me from saving, whether I exit inside/outside the habitat, saves are not reliably tracked. I've lost hours of gameplay progress to this, but I'm still hopeful the game will be perfected in time for December! Still love playing the game, but hate the disappointment of losing progress. I've reset the cache on the XBOX one, hard reset, uninstalled/reinstalled, started all new games, but nothing makes the save feature reliable. Just wanted to bring it to the forum's attention so it could be fixed before official launch, I love this game, otherwise! Thank you for making it..!

I am having this exact same issue on XBone version. It seems like every other save is a good save. I have tried saving from a rover seat and just using the 'save and exit to menu' option from the 'start(the button formerly known as start)' button. It has happened several times now. It has happened with me shutting the game down through the Xbox 'manage game' option, it has happened by switching out of the Astroneer app and going to the Amazon Prime app. It has happened with and without shutting off the Xbox. One possible associate could be I have been using the Xbox 'Instant On' power setting lately. Otherwise, I'd say every other save is recognized. The other saves just don't seem to register at all.

Yeah, save bug confirmed. I tried deleting the installed game, and DL'd another fresh copy, but the bug is still there. I'm going to try a new game to see if it is game-save specific.

I started a new save file. So far so good. I've done several saves and exits, and my progress has been saved. I have been saving in the habitat before using 'save and exit' function.

Same issue on XB1-X. Tried new game and different planets. Getting into different vehicles is the variable I've found thus far. Can enter the small shuttle, and small rover(buggy), but entering other rovers and shuttles will crash my game. The other variable I'm noticing is the time between saves. 15-20 minutes seems to work; any time like over 30 minutes seems to crash.

I'm having the same problem to but I save the game and it says it's saving game and then after that has completed I save and exit the game and it hasn't saved it at all losing hours of work building and exploring this is really annoying and disappointing I hope systemera fixes this soon.

I find that my crashes always occur when either I enter a vehicle or habitat. Like those above I have tried all the traditional methods for resetting the console, cache etc.. etc...

Seems this issue is ongoing and had hoped they would have addressed this problem in the last patch before 1.0. 

I too suffer from this games constant save fails. For me it doesn't matter how I save, be it at my base in a shuttle or in a Rover it's about a 50-50 chance that the game might crash. I have lost hours and hours of gameplay. There have been times where it feels like I spend more time loading it back up after a crash than I actually do playing it. I've also had up to probably 10 crashes in an hour. I am currently trying to activate my last gate to finish the game but it keeps crashing when I reach a certain depth. This game is one of my favorite of all times it's a shame it has do many issues. Still I'd like to thank everyone at system era for all that they do and for this game in general. Keep up the good work

Same thing here, except using Xbox Live through Windows 10...so it's not just XBOX.

There is another thread here bringing up the same issue...so, SE should be working on this now.

I guess we'll see...