Here is a picture of my work in progress idea for Astroneer i am posting this for feedback and what i should add i will put updates in the comments when i do a change also this project is nowhere  near finished.

IMG_20180922_190113[1].jpg

Sorry for the bad image quality

Ok it is a concept I am working with to automate ASTRONEER also I am 11 and have very shaky hands so my drawings suffer from that

@icebird That’s a great start! You’re 11? Incredible! There weren’t computers (or tablets or phones) back when I was your age, so my advice is learn whenever you can to draw on whatever tech is available. Wish I knew? Almost everything is designed on computer (or some interface) now, although learning to do it with old fashioned paper, pencil & paints is a lot of fun too! I took art in middle and high school and enjoyed it, spent my summers as well at our local museum in classes and just roaming around. Sadly in America most kids don’t get to take art & music anymore. Too much emphasis teaching for standardized tests and such. Kids are bored because school is not fun, big surprise. Our kids are still behind most of the world. We haven’t accomplished anything by failing to stimulate and enlighten them. School subjects like math, science, etc, of course they’re important but all kids should have fun as well.

Don’t ever stop being creative. Don’t let a few people criticize you and get you down. Dream :) 

P.S. I have shaky hands sometimes too. If you drink much caffeine, bad habit, I’d stop now. No good for kids (sorry, I’m not trying to be preachy, but you shouldn’t need that at your age). I’m just thinking of some possible causes. I grew up drinking a Coke for breakfast not because my parents didn’t care, back in the 70s most didn’t think so much about what was bad for kids (both mine worked very hard as well). It was a very different time. Stuff you wouldn’t know much about. The Cold War, gas prices high & shortages, a lot was going on. Anyway, I was feeling these extra heartbeats (arrhythmia) by the time I was in high school :( I saw a doctor, they did a bunch of tests on my heart. I was ok, but it was a bit scary. I stopped drinking caffeine straight up for about 20 years. I rarely drink it now (helps I don’t like coffee lol). My shaky hands is more an older person problem; some have it run in families. This type doesn’t affect kids. Mine isn’t as bad as it used to be. Hated it when it caused me to mess up playing tap rhythm games on my iPhone though ;) 

Just relax when you draw, don’t worry and take your time. With pencil you can always erase. If you start working on computer it’ll be even easier because you can use tools to help make your lines and such, plus guides for placement and a lot more (idk what all is out there, a bunch I’m sure). Just some thoughts. Best of luck!?

3 hours ago, Glitch85 said:

Care to explain the concept that goes with your 5 year old's drawing?

As for you, wonder if you could do better at that age. Doubt it. Even if you could at that age, ever heard of glass houses? If you’ve got nothing nice to say...we’ll I think you get the idea. If not, unlikely I’d have any luck explaining. Good day (tips hat)✌️

@icebird interesting concept, what are you planning on automating? The materials getting put into the machines and the finished product being pulled out and maybe materials being sorted into storage? That sort of thing?

Try draw a flow diagram of your thought processes.

13 hours ago, Shadow Echo said:

As for you, wonder if you could do better at that age. Doubt it. Even if you could at that age, ever heard of glass houses? If you’ve got nothing nice to say...we’ll I think you get the idea. If not, unlikely I’d have any luck explaining. Good day (tips hat)✌️

Thanks mom, I'll try to remember that. By the way, do you know how to post anything without writing an essay? Just curious.

1 hour ago, Glitch85 said:

By the way, do you know how to post anything without writing an essay? Just curious.

As brevity is the soul of wit, readability of Shadow Echo's comments have long been sold to the Devil, and then re-gifted to Cthulhu.

Edited by Wedge

Wow, seems I’ve hit a sore spot. More glass houses. All good though. What doesn’t kill us...

As for you Wedge, stop stalking. It really doesn’t become you.

Have a nice day ✌️

First time logging into this forum in years and this is what happened when i was gone. lol

Depends, there have been a lot of new things integrated into the game, automation is still a thing to come :/

There have been a lot of topics regarding automation, a lot of other things come up frequently and don't make it into the game ;)

If you want, you could search this forum for "automation", there have been a lot of interesting concepts since 2018

Posted (edited)

These are two of the most toxic comments i've seen. The only comment more toxic than these is my own though sadly :(9xc77xvwcst31.jpg

Edited by redstonerti

Sorry, didn't mean to be toxic or too negative!

I'm actually working in process automation and would really love to see some automation possibilities in game - but prioritization is up to the devs... You also seem to have a lot of ideas regarding this topic ;)

The "other things that come up frequently" was referring mostly to beacon/map/satellite ideas that come up like every month...