Menzagitat

Steam - 0.10.2.0 - Beacon shifted into space

20180920232520_1.thumb.jpg.2bde11bab49df32768c08b4caa41c613.jpg

See the top of the screenshot.

The beacon was on the planet near my base. I launched the vehicle and then I noticed the beacon in space.

Edited by Menzagitat

3 hours ago, Spazbandicoot said:

Was this save in a previous version of Astroneer?
Older saves are known to mess up very frequently.

I see that all the time on new saves. It happens for every planet I place beacons on. 

Yep, Xbox One, been happening every update for awhile can’t even remember how far back it’s been months perhaps longer afaik certainly not new. Weird though idk what causes it. I see ones I have on planets (Terran etc) but also a cluster displaced into space.

This is a quirk showing you 'behind the scenes' of the engine. The image of the planets in the sky is a different thing to the planet that you land on. Perhaps this'll change with either t2.0 or the orbital experience update. 

15 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

This is a quirk showing you 'behind the scenes' of the engine. The image of the planets in the sky is a different thing to the planet that you land on. Perhaps this'll change with either t2.0 or the orbital experience update. 

@Blind Io These are the kind of questions that would be nice to have in a Dev FAQ. If we have one, well oops my bad! The kind of stuff many would like to know but don’t. Like what space marbles are, what they were originally for, their history etc. I know about them, but you know how often people ask? What about “why do planets look sliced?”  No idea tbh :P  Always figured some rendering glitch etc. There’s probably several dozen “common” questions like that people frequently wonder about the game, and it’d be nice to have them referenced here somewhere (if they’re not already). Wiki addresses a few like the marbles but some only the Devs can really explain.