Note: This thread contains revised content from previous thread of mine; found here. It contained outdated information, and elements that don’t apply for the current game state (0.10.2.0 Update).

Resources
Sperrylite

• Smelter processing into Platinum
  • Alternative trade resource
  • Sale value of 16

Gas Hydrate

• Alternative source of gasses (other being condensing ambient atmosphere with Atmospheric Condenser)
  • Found in terrain; deposit types include Hydrogen, Argon, Methane, Nitrogen, Helium, Sulfur, and Ethane
  • Chemistry Lab uses two bundles of Hydrate = one canister of respective gas
  • Ethane produces doubled energy output in Small Generator; triple energy output in Medium Generator

Isotopes

• Tritium
    • Chemistry Lab uses one Hydrogen canister and two Lithium = one Tritium (hydrogen-3) canister
  • Deuterium
    • Either found as a deposit, or made from one Hydrogen canister, one Organic, and one Ammonium = one Deuterium (hydrogen-2) canister

Modules & Equipment

Atomic Battery

• = 1 Tritium Canister + 1 Titanium + 1 Silicone
  • Roughly size of canister when expanded
  • Provides 100.0 Bars at 2.0A
  • Great for late game solution to portable power (widget compatible)

Fusion Reactor

• = 2 Steel + 1 Titanium Alloy + 1 Tungsten Carbide
  • Attachment space for one Tritium canister and one Deuterium canister
  • Produces 300.0 Bars at 4.0A

Flywheel

• = 1 Tungsten + 1 Steel + 1 Titanium Alloy
  • Large, powerful immobile energy storage (non-lithium based); uses Large Platform
  • Stores 1.5 the amount of energy produced by a Fusion Reactor (450.0 Bars); provides at 2.0A

Scrubber

• = 1 Filter + 1 Plastic + 1 Aluminum Alloy
  • Acts as indefinite oxygen supply when powered; backpack compatible, working in the widget slot
  • Greatly benefited by equipping Atomic Battery
  • Vital late game upgrade for Astroneers needing medium-term independence from external oxygen supply; without burning through resources

Dampener / Fall Preventer / Airbag

• = 1 Plastic + 1 Silicone
  • When equipped to a widget slot, it halves damage received from falls and impacts
  • In an emergency, the canister deploys a personal airbag hemispheral cocoon from an Astroneer’s Backpack, so as as to dampen the force of impact
  • After impact, the airbag deflates and retracts back into the attachment housing

7 hours ago, Wedge said:

Note: This thread contains revised content from previous thread of mine; found here. It contained outdated information, and elements that don’t apply for the current game state (0.10.2.0 Update).

Resources
Sperrylite

• Smelter processing into Platinum
  • Alternative trade resource
  • Sale value of 16

Gas Hydrate

• Alternative source of gasses (other being condensing ambient atmosphere with Atmospheric Condenser)
  • Found in terrain; deposit types include Hydrogen, Argon, Methane, Nitrogen, Helium, Sulfur, and Ethane
  • Chemistry Lab uses two bundles of Hydrate = one canister of respective gas
  • Ethane produces doubled energy output in Small Generator; triple energy output in Medium Generator

Isotopes

• Tritium
    • Chemistry Lab uses one Hydrogen canister and two Lithium = one Tritium (hydrogen-3) canister
  • Deuterium
    • Either found as a deposit, or made from one Hydrogen canister, one Organic, and one Ammonium = one Deuterium (hydrogen-2) canister

Modules & Equipment

Atomic Battery

• = 1 Tritium Canister + 1 Titanium + 1 Silicone
  • Roughly size of canister when expanded
  • Provides 100.0 Bars at 2.0A
  • Great for late game solution to portable power (widget compatible)

Fusion Reactor

• = 2 Steel + 1 Titanium Alloy + 1 Tungsten Carbide
  • Attachment space for one Tritium canister and one Deuterium canister
  • Produces 300.0 Bars at 4.0A

Flywheel

• = 1 Tungsten + 1 Steel + 1 Titanium Alloy
  • Large, powerful immobile energy storage (non-lithium based); uses Large Platform
  • Stores 1.5 the amount of energy produced by a Fusion Reactor (450.0 Bars); provides at 2.0A

Scrubber

• = 1 Filter + 1 Plastic + 1 Aluminum Alloy
  • Acts as indefinite oxygen supply when powered; backpack compatible, working in the widget slot
  • Greatly benefited by equipping Atomic Battery
  • Vital late game upgrade for Astroneers needing medium-term independence from external oxygen supply; without burning through resources

Dampener / Fall Preventer / Airbag

• = 1 Plastic + 1 Silicone
  • When equipped to a widget slot, it halves damage received from falls and impacts
  • In an emergency, the canister deploys a personal airbag hemispheral cocoon from an Astroneer’s Backpack, so as as to dampen the force of impact
  • After impact, the airbag deflates and retracts back into the attachment housing

I like the scrubber

You forgot mini smelter which would be able to smelt one piece at a time and diamond coated drill head.  IMHO

1 hour ago, individual-1 said:

I like the scrubber

You forgot mini smelter which would be able to smelt one piece at a time and diamond coated drill head.  IMHO

I was sorta just updating my previous suggestions to match the current game direction. It's likely the last I'll do it, but the new gas system just change so much of the dynamic I felt it needed to be done. Also, I posted it so close to the most recent past update.

6 hours ago, Wedge said:

I was sorta just updating my previous suggestions to match the current game direction. It's likely the last I'll do it, but the new gas system just change so much of the dynamic I felt it needed to be done. Also, I posted it so close to the most recent past update.

You could add Kevlar to the list. 

It would be good to keep this a running list with everything in one place.

If a may suggest title it so it can easily found.  like "Game Changer wish list",  "Engineering Change Request",  "Game Functionality request"

Should be added:

Mini smelter should be added. 

Diamond coated drill head.  

Kevlar should be added as a suit defense

Uranium could also be added

COBOLT could be added:

Cobalt, like iron, can be magnetized and so is used to make magnets. It is alloyed with aluminium and nickel to make particularly powerful magnets. - New collection tool

Other alloys of cobalt are used in jet turbines and gas turbine generators, where high-temperature strength is important. - New engine parts

Cobalt metal is sometimes used in electroplating because of its attractive appearance, hardness and resistance to corrosion.  - New suit safety item

The blue color would be interesting to look at

The only issue is I can’t edit topics after a certain time. Also, to keep posting updated versions too often might be considered spam. I’d have to ask a mod what would be acceptable. 

I like your ideas man they're awesome i hope many things like this are added in the next update or in the one after that . I want to have much more things to operate with , because its just to limited there are only devices to make resources and devices to help you grind resources faster nothing more

1 hour ago, Kevin cela said:

I like your ideas man they're awesome i hope many things like this are added in the next update or in the one after that .

Thanks, I hope they're added too.

1 hour ago, Kevin cela said:

I want to have much more things to operate with , because its just to limited there are only devices to make resources and devices to help you grind resources faster nothing more

Yes, right now most upgrade assets are just better versions, or merely access new resource. I wanted to make suggestions that added depth to game-play by providing separate options. The narrow selection of widgets mean there is little trade-off to adding only oxygen tanks and work lights. Filters are nice, but they are a large resource draw, and constant bother to make. Players use backpack power anyways to make Filters in the field. Adding a high-cost, permanent, but power reliant solution (Scrubber) seems like not just an upgrade, but change of pace.

Perhaps someone wants to trade off oxygen for better safety - so they go for a Dampener. Of course, it's a powerful life-saver, so making one requires the player to first research/make the Chemistry Lab. Astroneers have to learn important lessons, like not jumping from great heights at will, but once they finally get a Dampener, falls are not such a big deal. It acts as a relief to constant danger - that seems to linger even in the late game. It is not immune, but the option to jump down for longer falls will reward players that stuck it out and invested time and resources. 

Edited by Wedge

38 minutes ago, Wedge said:

Thanks, I hope they're added too.

Yes, right now most upgrade assets are just better versions, or merely access new resource. I wanted to make suggestions that added depth to game-play by providing separate options. The narrow selection of widgets mean there is little trade-off to adding only oxygen tanks and work lights. Filters are nice, but they are a large resource draw, and constant bother to make. Players use backpack power anyways to make Filters in the field. Adding a high-cost, permanent, but power reliant solution (Scrubber) seems like not just an upgrade, but change of pace.

Perhaps someone wants to trade off oxygen for better safety - so they go for a Dampener. Of course, it's a powerful life-saver, so making one requires the player to first research/make the Chemistry Lab. Astroneers have to learn important lessons, like not jumping from great heights at will, but once they finally get a Dampener, falls are not such a big deal. It acts as a relief to constant danger - that seems to linger even in the late game. It is not immune, but the option to jump down for longer falls will reward players that stuck it out and invested time and resources. 

Yeah i totally agree but i was thinking because the Dampener is a 1 material cost item because its for widget slot maybe it could have a durability which would be like maybe 5 times the health of the player and with every damage it takes it lowers a bar or just like the filters or maybe looks more broken and its turned into debris after used up completely