iitzTrizzy

Xbox Patch, Good/Bad?

I am currently on vacation and have been since before the xbox patch went live. I've been playing the game with insanely low frame rates since it came out, enjoying in nonetheless but I am excited about the patch and I'm wondering if I can expect it to run smoother when I get home. How is it!?

I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but so far the rest of the game is much smoother. FPS is greatly improved, and I've seen a few things that weren't even mentioned in the notes, such as automatic decoupling of vehicles from bases when driving off.

3 minutes ago, Skysaw said:

I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but so far the rest of the game is much smoother. FPS is greatly improved, and I've seen a few things that weren't even mentioned in the notes, such as automatic decoupling of vehicles from bases when driving off.

Good to know! I get back on Monday. Can't wait.

15 minutes ago, whentheduckquack said:

Terrible multiplayer doesn't even work?!

I don't have any friends to even play with yet so it's no problem haha

Edited by iitzTrizzy

2 hours ago, Star Voyager said:

FPS is improved but the update was horrible for me... I cannot play the game any longer due to the controls not being inverted any longer!

Inverted look controls are still there, check options. But now it's even better bacause backpack controls have been corrected.

3 hours ago, Biker Tox said:

Inverted look controls are still there, check options. But now it's even better bacause backpack controls have been corrected.

backpack controls?

No, I disagree that it has been corrected. For me it has made the game unplayable and frustrating.  I want my inverted controls for all controls in the game, just as it was when the game was released. When I got the game on the 16th II selected inverted controls in options and I was a happy Astroneer. Now with the patch the camera control is inverted but cursor/backpack controls are not. Select the terrain tool and the control of your cursor is normal, yet zoom to use the tool and it switches to inverted. In my opinion and my experience as a gamer it is counter intuitive to ask a player to constantly switch control style from inverted to normal back and forth during a game. It is very frustrating to me. Some may see it differently but I like inverted controls because it is more natural to me. I have used inverted controls for over 20 years. Please give me the option to use the control style I prefer consistently throughout the game.

26 minutes ago, Star Voyager said:

No, I disagree that it has been corrected. For me it has made the game unplayable and frustrating.  I want my inverted controls for all controls in the game, just as it was when the game was released. When I got the game on the 16th II selected inverted controls in options and I was a happy Astroneer. Now with the patch the camera control is inverted but cursor/backpack controls are not. Select the terrain tool and the control of your cursor is normal, yet zoom to use the tool and it switches to inverted. In my opinion and my experience as a gamer it is counter intuitive to ask a player to constantly switch control style from inverted to normal back and forth during a game. It is very frustrating to me. Some may see it differently but I like inverted controls because it is more natural to me. I have used inverted controls for over 20 years. Please give me the option to use the control style I prefer consistently throughout the game.

While I feel your pain and embrace the fact that they should give you that option, that's not the basis of this thread. specifically I want to know if the patch increases game performance, FPS etc... the game for me was virtually unplayable but I did my best to ignore it. knowing the frame rate is better make me very happy.

I hear you... my original response to your thread above addresses that. I saw an improvement in FPS after the update. I went back to old saves with tons of tethers and did not have as much an issue with the game slowing down.

Fps has been reduced but the more developed your base the lag comes back.  

Edited by Hyoden
Spell correct

2 hours ago, Hyoden said:

Fps has been reduced but the more developed your base the lag comes back.  

Unfortunate, I'm not to keen on one giant base, I like several smaller bases on various planets, very fun

53 minutes ago, iitzTrizzy said:

Unfortunate, I'm not to keen on one giant base, I like several smaller bases on various planets, very fun

Do you get lag when building lots of smaller bases around the place? I've started building my Base and it's started to slow down the larger I go. Thinking the small bases maybe the way to go for now. This is on the xbox version

3 minutes ago, malt whisky said:

Do you get lag when building lots of smaller bases around the place? I've started building my Base and it's started to slow down the larger I go. Thinking the small bases maybe the way to go for now. This is on the xbox version

Haven't played since the new patch came out so I can't confirm. When I say "small" I mean one of each crafting station. Relatively speaking In think one of each is small. Multiples of the same crafting stations would grant the term "big" base. 

With my small bases i experienced severe frame rate drop, nearly unplayable but i soldiered through. Essentially once I had a tether network and 2 crafting stations my frame rate dropped, the more I built the worse it got. Yes, all XB1

Prior to patch my frame rate seemed to really be affected if I drove e a vehicle close to tethers and they connected. That was when the game nearly froze. After the patch this was improved but slowdown still occurs. 

On 12/24/2016 at 1:19 PM, iitzTrizzy said:

I am currently on vacation and have been since before the xbox patch went live. I've been playing the game with insanely low frame rates since it came out, enjoying in nonetheless but I am excited about the patch and I'm wondering if I can expect it to run smoother when I get home. How is it!?

I saw no improvement, unfortunately. I have bases on 4 planets and when I loaded my game up the fps was still below 10. I started a new save and haven't left the Terran planet but my base is rather large now and the fps is very low. Hoping the next patch fixes the performance.

I should also add that having a friend join cuts my fps down even more, it's almost unplayable.