Hi, 

I've been playing Astroneer since 0.8 and seeing some "pro" players like Zelly and I came to think, would be nice a compass on the Rover for traveling instead of geting out all the time to match coordinates and I was "fishing" for some scrap and it came to me, when you don't have the large Shredder on a Rover, you can't collect scrap, the scrap don't fit on the tags on the plataforms, why not create a "box" for Rovers where you can store scrap!? like a truck that have the "sand box"|? I couldn't carry all types of scrap, but you could collect quite a bit of it, like the solars and all! ;)

scrap container.png

To save space, and add capacity (plus prevent scrap from jumbling around and falling out over rough terrain), instead of a simple bin, make the container a trash compactor. Heck, add crane attachment (scrap claw) to pick up items without a secondary Astroneer having to exit the vehicle to load the scrap. A claw would be very helpful during storms, or even with heavy scrap pieces; and maybe could be able to pull out partially buried scrap. It might also have future applications for collecting hostile plants. 

Car-Baler-2.thumb.jpg.89ae5c9e34e99dae57a8e7371f9041c4.jpg

When the rover gets back to base, take out the newly formed compacted scrap chunk and toss it in the shredder with one swift motion. The shredder might have to chew on the block for an extended period (since its compressing a large amount of material), but it's less monotonous than getting back with a bin and having to dig out all the pieces and chuck them in.

Edited by Wedge