Grrr

Auto-drop tethers when holding the tether key

How about: If I'm running along holding the tether key, as soon as I reach the limit of the nearest tether, drop a new tether...

Yes!   Or a "tether mode" that doesn't need the tether key held down.  

Edited by probro

Hm.  I'd like something, yes.

It's a fairly pointless annoyance that the tether networks have to be made in a fairly fiddly fashion.  Then, you walk a few feet too far, and have to stop and pick up and reposition the tether so that it connects.

9 hours ago, EstebanLB01 said:

Was this idea dropped?

More like it was never adopted, and I think with good reason. You have no use for something like this after a few hours with the game, and getting a feel for how long you can walk before dropping a tether. The cost vs. benefit of implementing an automatic tether drop system seems to me totally lopsided on the side of cost, with extremely dubious benefits.

12 hours ago, Bomoo said:

More like it was never adopted, and I think with good reason. You have no use for something like this after a few hours with the game, and getting a feel for how long you can walk before dropping a tether. The cost vs. benefit of implementing an automatic tether drop system seems to me totally lopsided on the side of cost, with extremely dubious benefits.

True, now that I think it's really not a good idea, BUT auto tether pick up is, enabling it with a hotkey and passing right over it.

Lots of issues can be fixed with autohotkey! I already have a toggle that spams the mouse wheel while driving to keep the camera zoomed out, and a toggle that pulses the drill so the vehicle does not get stuck and fall through the terrain. Once again, AHK to the rescue! Thanks for that!

also maybe an auto collect mode, when returning and reusing them again somewhere else would be nice 🙂

The mode can be set by observing it and clicking on some button on that item 😉