Brad Owens

tungsten

I have not found any on Tundra in any wrecks. Made a short trip to Tundra and found both wolframite and hematite on the surface, which melts into tungsten and iron.

Tungsten cannot be found on the starting planet, you'll have to go to other planets to get it. To do so you'll need a shuttle, and the only one you can make without a chemistry lab (which requires tungsten) is the small shuttle. After making that, make 2 solid-fuel thrusters and unpack one. (Make sure you leave the other boxed up on your backpack so you can return to Terran!) Then you should be able to fly to another planet and find it. Both wolframite (tungsten) and hematite (iron) can be found on Exotic and Tundra; hematite can also be found on Arid, and wolframite can also be found on Radiated and Barren.

On 9/15/2018 at 2:34 PM, Brad Owens said:

how do I find tungsten on the world you start on??????

Wrecks.

On 9/16/2018 at 6:02 AM, Gillberd Törötukka said:

If Tungsten could be removed from trade platform, game play would come much better.

Why?

I have done three save games on this update, unlocked everything on the catalog on all three and only built a trade platform once out of curiosity, but never used it as I never built any shredders, either. The trade platform is really not needed to progress.

The little shuttle is such an important tool, players don't seem to realize that. Instead of driving around like a madman looking for resources, hop on the little shuttle and go get them from another planet. Barren is such a great place. No storms and plenty of resources. Between Barren and Tundra, you can get anything...

4 hours ago, vvhorus said:

Wrecks.

Why?

I have done three save games on this update, unlocked everything on the catalog on all three and only built a trade platform once out of curiosity, but never used it as I never built any shredders, either. The trade platform is really not needed to progress.

The little shuttle is such an important tool, players don't seem to realize that. Instead of driving around like a madman looking for resources, hop on the little shuttle and go get them from another planet. Barren is such a great place. No storms and plenty of resources. Between Barren and Tundra, you can get anything...

There is at-least one resource on each planet/planetoid that necessitates going there, or its alternative - always in the form of metals, or gases. The trade platform is really only needed for endgame Hydrazine production - trading Scrap for Ammonium is a must if you use shuttles extensively. Fuel production sucks the heck out of Ammonium supplies. Unless you post up on Exotic and make a fueling station, you're going to either trade for that Ammonium, or have a bad time. 

If the Soil Centrifuge could extract Ammonium (in the current game state) the trade platform would be made technically unnecessary. Of course, there's always a chance precision engineered tech might be added as late game components; only available through the trade platform. Also, certain objects (perhaps related to the 1.0 teaser) might need delivery to HQ for story progression.

Edited by Wedge

Sorry to necro this thread, but only bought the game on release, and I've been scouring the frozen planet for many many hours, and for the life of me, I cannot find ANY Wolframite, has it been moved to a different planet, because the wiki says it's a "common" but it's anything but.

14 hours ago, Queeg said:

Sorry to necro this thread, but only bought the game on release, and I've been scouring the frozen planet for many many hours, and for the life of me, I cannot find ANY Wolframite, has it been moved to a different planet, because the wiki says it's a "common" but it's anything but.

There should be plenty on Calidor.

Thanks, I did finally find some on Calidor, though I had to reach almost the middle of the planet to find it.

5 hours ago, Queeg said:

Thanks, I did finally find some on Calidor, though I had to reach almost the middle of the planet to find it.

You might also try Sylva's moon, Desolo. Plenty in the first cave layer...