sibullski

dynamite should blow up debris.

in short. I noticed that when I found wreckage of habitats and damaged platforms they were marked as debris so I tried blowing them up with dynamite and found that I only got 1 piece of debris from the explosion, and that's if I was lucky.

I think it would be a good idea to have items marked as debris and wrecked to break apart into several debris chunks when they are blown up by dynamite. This would allow players to actually shred the exploded pieces for scrap. The amount of pieces from an explosion can vary depending on the size of the item you are blowing up. If it's an abandoned habitat you could get a lot of debris chunks, whearas if it's just a platform then maybe you could only get 3 or something.

Just a thought.

On 9/15/2018 at 5:52 AM, sibullski said:

in short. I noticed that when I found wreckage of habitats and damaged platforms they were marked as debris so I tried blowing them up with dynamite and found that I only got 1 piece of debris from the explosion, and that's if I was lucky.

I think it would be a good idea to have items marked as debris and wrecked to break apart into several debris chunks when they are blown up by dynamite. This would allow players to actually shred the exploded pieces for scrap. The amount of pieces from an explosion can vary depending on the size of the item you are blowing up. If it's an abandoned habitat you could get a lot of debris chunks, whearas if it's just a platform then maybe you could only get 3 or something.

Just a thought.

+1

1 hour ago, pbartbar said:

I agree. I blow up the crashed satellite's and get nothing out of them. Dynamite shouldn't vaporize them.

Agreed. It should break large items into medium chunks with some smaller debris  and medium sized items into a few small ones.

Maybe there should be a way to break apart the large base chunks with a crane attachment as well?

Perhaps you could just use the existing drill bit or just a medium shredder attached to the crane? If not then maybe a whole new attachment could be added?

+1

perhaps on bigger structures you would need more then one and holograms will show you the spots to put them in if their is a detonator nearby?