The Tox

New Power (Nuclear)

(This is inspired by SES’s statement ( may have been in a article) of having stuff based on achievements)

So nuclear power. It’s been talked about a bit. Really it would be a large generator. See you could have an achievement that unlocks the LARGE GENERATOR. This allows you to have another way to power your systems. It would be a achievement that you would have to unlock every save. This keeps it from being overpowered. It would power your base using any resource, just ten of them. Depending on the quality( rarity) you get more time. It would power your base for 15 mins to 1hour. It would just provide continuous power ( until) it runs out. It’s basically the habitat’s power generator. It is a module that can either only fit on 1 entire side of platform c, on the entire large platform type a/b, or on the middle of platform type b.

Similar things could be done with wind vanes and solar panels as this is just a large generator.

Maybe it could be a good use for the rare resource Astronium! 

I'd like to see a very expensive but long-lasting power source, like a big version of the one that's on the habitat. 

On 9/13/2018 at 9:15 PM, The Tox said:

Also it would have to cost like 10,000 bytes to keep the balance of the game.

Shortsighted.  Anything that you attempt to balance by saying "Make the initial obtaining cost high!  I mean REALLY high" is almost guaranteed to be terrible.  It's a terrible gating mechanic, since if it's worth using, it WILL be done, and the cost will be a mere annoyance.  And if it's not worth the cost, then nobody will bother and it will be pointless.  Sometimes, it can even manage BOTH.

Now, if you could make multiple bases at multiple points on the planet, and put in lots of solar power, plus battery drones that deliver that power to your main base?  That would be something else entirely.  You get infinite power, at the cost of quite a few bases and solar power constructed.  Maybe a lot of driving, maybe a lot of flying.  Huge effort, but with a commensurate payoff.

Alternately, thermoelectric power, having to string a long superconductor between a hot place and a cold place, with a generator in the middle that yields power.

Large size category solar and wind will probably be added at some point along with a return of geothermal. Nuclear seems like a good option if fissable materials are added as resources. Also, fusion presents some unique opportunities. 

I suggested earlier about the addition of atomic batteries for strong, compact, long-term power resource for late game vehicles and remote operations.

Edited by Wedge

Great idea but maybe it should use 5 recources instead of ten for the same amount of power becouse i can also place 1 platform filled with medium solars and one with windmills and that will give me the same amount of power

they should also make it as big as the large storage