Most industrial drill heads are coated in industrial grade diamonds.

You could develop another version of the drill head at a later date. 

2 hours ago, individual-1 said:

Most industrial drill heads are coated in industrial grade diamonds.

You could develop another version of the drill head at a later date. 

Good suggestion, hopefully we'll have a good reason to upgrade and modify the drill later! 

Maybe like a mineral extractor as a drill head. Or a new vehicle called like the “Excavator” that is built for drilling.

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more drill head!

(Don't mind me, just being silly. It's been a long day and I can't wait to take my 8-minute commute home and start the weekend!)

Cleaning up here (related posts have been hidden).

People are free to suggest what they want. You're free to clearly tell them this kind of suggestion already exists, if you do know it does, or ask them to elaborate and add more information to their suggestion. However, any remarks regarding what the developers could have thought of themselves are unnecessary and only will cause hurt feelings. If you have nothing to contribute to the topic, please ignore not.

2 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

Cleaning up here (related posts have been hidden).

People are free to suggest what they want. You're free to clearly tell them this kind of suggestion already exists, if you do know it does, or ask them to elaborate and add more information to their suggestion. However, any remarks regarding what the developers could have thought of themselves are unnecessary and only will cause hurt feelings. If you have nothing to contribute to the topic, please ignore not.

Point Taken

Thanks

I did notice in the PAX stream, while discussing terrain 2.0, they mentioned that the terrain would be layered and get harder and harder the closer you got to the core. I think that upgraded drill heads will probably be able to dig through the harder terrain, requiring better drills to get to the core of the planet.

17 hours ago, notarobot347 said:

I did notice in the PAX stream, while discussing terrain 2.0, they mentioned that the terrain would be layered and get harder and harder the closer you got to the core. I think that upgraded drill heads will probably be able to dig through the harder terrain, requiring better drills to get to the core of the planet.

That’s a really good idea! I like it. +1 that.

2 minutes ago, Astrofun said:

That’s a really good idea! I like it. +1 that.

Well, it makes sense. Assuming all the planets are solid at the core, they might eventually have an impenetrable layer. That, or it could just be so hot approaching a liquid outer core Astroneers must either turn back, or perish.